S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

my first squeeze (nitrous)

Old 07-25-2004, 06:25 PM
dut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jugger23,Jul 25 2004, 04:56 PM
how often do you use your nitrous?

how much did you spend on the whole kit and the installation (incl labor and time)?

I am just wondering cause I am thinking about getting one too. I might get the SC first and then the kit.

Can you give me as much info as you know?
Like, what type if kit you have, how much, where to get more nitrous, how often you use it, now to use it, what are the effects on the car's engines longitivity, do I need to buy different parts other than the kit, like the fuel injectors or how about my diff, anything I should know about? Thanks for your time.
- I HARDLY use my nitrous, I wouldn't even say I put it to use. haha
- not sure how much the whole kit was, I think I mentioned it in my thread about the install... I installed the kit myself, so labor was free.. im thinking somewhere CLOSE to $1k?? with the other little shit I got, purge valve, window switch, remote bottle opener..
- I have a NOS brand nitrous kit, direct port.. I don't feel that you would need an aftermarket fuel pump or injectors unless you will be doing a big shot (like 100+ shot)
- its up to you on what you want to do to the car to play it really safe...
- where to get nitrous? im not sure, you would have to check around... we have plenty of shops here in san diego: mustang shops (american shops), import shops (rice shops), I filled my bottle up at an audio shop last time..