S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

raced a previous model corvette

Old 12-30-2005, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow raced a previous model corvette

I really want ur opinion on this encounter. I was on my way home from work and i saw a hot ass corvette sprinting down the road so i decided to be part of the action and the greatest thing happened, there was a red light and we were all alone. I had my top down and when i finally got next to him, at the light i put my windows up and he knew what i wanted to do so, he gives me this cocky "OK" light turns green and neither of us moved, so we did a slow roll off 1st gear and we went for it, and we were dead even at 1st then when i shifted to second i put him on my back bumper, shifted to 3rd he started to level up to me and towards the end of 3rd and the beginnig of 4th he put like 3/4 of a car on me and we shut down. I was expecting to be blown away. then i look at the guy and he gave me a ok guys was i expecting too much out of that vette or is he that bad of a driver i had to call my friends on the spot and ask them, but they werent sure what was supposed to happen. luckily i have u experts to help me out.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by metralogia,Dec 30 2005, 11:05 PM
I really want ur opinion on this encounter. I was on my way home from work and i saw a hot ass corvette sprinting down the road so i decided to be part of the action and the greatest thing happened, there was a red light and we were all alone. I had my top down and when i finally got next to him, at the light i put my windows up and he knew what i wanted to do so, he gives me this cocky "OK" light turns green and neither of us moved, so we did a slow roll off 1st gear and we went for it, and we were dead even at 1st then when i shifted to second i put him on my back bumper, shifted to 3rd he started to level up to me and towards the end of 3rd and the beginnig of 4th he put like 3/4 of a car on me and we shut down. I was expecting to be blown away. then i look at the guy and he gave me a ok guys was i expecting too much out of that vette or is he that bad of a driver i had to call my friends on the spot and ask them, but they werent sure what was supposed to happen. luckily i have u experts to help me out.
Auto. Sounds about right
Old 12-31-2005, 06:53 AM
Banned

I can beat c4's no problem but c5's are a different story. C6 whomping requires boost.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:29 AM

if it was the previous model, wouldnt it be a c5? just askin just to know.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by metralogia,Dec 31 2005, 09:29 AM
if it was the previous model, wouldnt it be a c5? just askin just to know.
yes, c5
Old 12-31-2005, 09:39 AM
Banned

nice, good kill then
Old 12-31-2005, 10:47 PM

He must be reffering to c4.. i went up against a c5 and it wasn't close at all..c6 is murder.. c4 would probably be close..
Old 12-31-2005, 11:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

c5 defenitely would require boost.

I raced a new vette and wasn't even close. I murdered the damn thing quite a few times. I am running 12 and something psi at the manifold just to give an idea.

But C6 vs stock S is murder for the S
Old 12-31-2005, 11:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Venomous S,Jan 1 2006, 12:14 AM
c5 defenitely would require boost.

I raced a new vette and wasn't even close. I murdered the damn thing quite a few times. I am running 12 and something psi at the manifold just to give an idea.

But C6 vs stock S is murder for the S
i think i saw you two weeks ago down in medford(on the road with all the car dealers). i was down there for xmas visiting my wifes family. i doubt you'll remember this, but i was in the black TSX racing the rice'd out civic sedan....i was bored, but hey i beat him. hahahaha! anywho, your s is very clean, i was so excited to see another s2k. everytime i take my s down their i swear i am the only one in the state!

off topic, but well i dont care
Old 01-01-2006, 12:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Jan 1 2006, 04:20 AM
i think i saw you two weeks ago down in medford(on the road with all the car dealers). i was down there for xmas visiting my wifes family. i doubt you'll remember this, but i was in the black TSX racing the rice'd out civic sedan....i was bored, but hey i beat him. hahahaha! anywho, your s is very clean, i was so excited to see another s2k. everytime i take my s down their i swear i am the only one in the state!

off topic, but well i dont care
Could've possibly been me on 112 route going towards Patchogue. But I don't recall seeing a TSX though. But congrats on the win against the civic. But be careful if you see a silver hatch. He is a quick turbo civic.

Quick Reply: raced a previous model corvette