S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Random and Unexpected Challengers...

Old 01-23-2014, 06:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Random and Unexpected Challengers...

Just curious if any of you guys have had encounters of street race instigators from completely unexpected vehicles... minivans, taxi-cabs, pizza delivery vehicles, whatever lol. I was driving home from the gym and a big diesel dualie was in the lane next to me. I thought he was gonna just pass me, but he literally just kept speeding up, slowing down. I was like you gotta be kidding me. Then we came to a stop light, and he floors it when it turns green. I just accelerated normally thinking he'll just go away eventually. Nope. He slowed down till I caught up and kept doing the same sh*t till the next light. So I said f*ck it i'll play lol. So i floored it. He kept up until the end of 1st gear, then I was gone. I had a civic with a dominos delivery sign on the top "fly" past me on the freeway... but wasn't sure if he was just trying to downshift and show off his classy exhaust or what...
Old 01-24-2014, 01:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a semi play with me on the freeway. The funniest thing. I had my cruise on and he would speed up to about 68 then back down to 60. My passenger looked over and its some young guy up there with a smile on his face.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have similar experiences and ignored them
Old 09-13-2014, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only cars I've raced, and first 2 races ever... were against 2 turbo diesel trucks.... I don't know the exact model trucks but man they are torquey. Lol.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

soccer mom's in mini vans ftw... at any light.. gawd forbid you line up with one an she's in a hurry.. they'll run over state police cars to get where they're going.. and everyone of them Chrysler's must have a hemi.. that or those girls found an extra 300 horses in just being soccer mom's....

seen one the other day, set the record I am sure for gutsy... at the light.. she took off.. followed by a county sheriff.. he pulled into the slow lane to go around her.. and from then to the next light @ easily better then 10 over, she stayed door to door with him.. that light changed by the time I got there doing the posted... and they were off again.. she had that.. I am in the fast lane concept down pat... and she never got pulled over.. they ET'd each stop light.. that's only 3 lights.. no squealing tires or nothing, but still.. maybe it was his wife or something...
Old 09-15-2014, 12:08 AM

I've had plenty of cars race me but 2 stand out in particular.

One was a Prius who lined up with me to get onto the freeway. I didn't expect anything and me and my friend were talking with the top down, the light goes green and the Prius chirped his tires and took off. Didn't know they could do that. Both of us looked over and laughed, didn't even bother.

This one wasn't really unexpected, but here it is. I was going for a night cruise through a canyon. At the top there is a look out point where I turn around to head back. There was a moderately riced out g35 there. Blue HIDs, good size spoiler, exhaust, black paint, lime green wheels, slamed as far down as he could manage with stupid amounts of camber. Anyways he floors it after me so I let him line up behind and go for it. After a few turns (I kept lifting at known cop hiding spots and he would catch up), he pushed it too hard and nearly spun. I'd have felt bad if he binned it, but luckily he made it out safely.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:35 AM

Yep specially living in Texas..duallies are notorious for messing with people...I hate the diesel trucks that punch the gas right as they pass you and leave a cloud of smoke in your cabin...
Old 10-06-2014, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Izanagi
Yep specially living in Texas..duallies are notorious for messing with people...I hate the diesel trucks that punch the gas right as they pass you and leave a cloud of smoke in your cabin...
Hate that so much...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1L7f3oN_HlM
Old 10-22-2014, 01:04 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Top down, pretty day, driving with my wife down a local two lane street. I am going about 10 over, maybe 45 mph. I could see a white pickup coming up on me in a hurry. His Ford got so close that all I could see were the "O" and the "R" in my rearview mirror. I could tell it was fairly new. I considered pulling over, because I would rather have this ass-ole in front of me rather than behind. However, I recalled that this particular road had these new traffic circles ahead. There are 3 of them in the space of a mile or less.

I decided not to brake for the circle, but just go through at road speed. Quick right turn, longer turn left to negotiate the 180 degrees of curve and then a quick right to come out. As I came out, I was in second, and laid into the throttle. I looked in the rearview mirror and didn't see him. I was at first disappointed that he must have turned a different way.

As I put more distance from the circle, I could see him. Evidently. he tried to negotiate the turn at the same speed I did. He had jumped the curb and was trying to back out of the loose dirt, It made me laugh out load. Yes, Karma sometimes is right there, just where you want her!

I retraced my route on the way home, much later. I went completely around the circle in sort of a victory lap. There between the two grooves dug from his tires was a bent down traffic sign. Not only was it bent down, but you could tell that it bent backward at the impact and probably hit his hood. I will bet there is a nice dent between that O and R now, and the hood has a hell of dent in it. Maybe some bent rims too. I smiled all the way back home (not hard to do just driving the S).
Old 10-23-2014, 09:41 AM

Trucks seem to like to mess around way too much, I had three trucks try to race me yesterday...not worth my gas
Originally Posted by BillNeale
Top down, pretty day, driving with my wife down a local two lane street. I am going about 10 over, maybe 45 mph. I could see a white pickup coming up on me in a hurry. His Ford got so close that all I could see were the "O" and the "R" in my rearview mirror. I could tell it was fairly new. I considered pulling over, because I would rather have this ass-ole in front of me rather than behind. However, I recalled that this particular road had these new traffic circles ahead. There are 3 of them in the space of a mile or less.

I decided not to brake for the circle, but just go through at road speed. Quick right turn, longer turn left to negotiate the 180 degrees of curve and then a quick right to come out. As I came out, I was in second, and laid into the throttle. I looked in the rearview mirror and didn't see him. I was at first disappointed that he must have turned a different way.

As I put more distance from the circle, I could see him. Evidently. he tried to negotiate the turn at the same speed I did. He had jumped the curb and was trying to back out of the loose dirt, It made me laugh out load. Yes, Karma sometimes is right there, just where you want her!

I retraced my route on the way home, much later. I went completely around the circle in sort of a victory lap. There between the two grooves dug from his tires was a bent down traffic sign. Not only was it bent down, but you could tell that it bent backward at the impact and probably hit his hood. I will bet there is a nice dent between that O and R now, and the hood has a hell of dent in it. Maybe some bent rims too. I smiled all the way back home (not hard to do just driving the S).

Quick Reply: Random and Unexpected Challengers...