S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

STATUS KILLS

Old 10-14-2007, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STATUS KILLS

Even these guys have a sense of humor. A few of these made my morning. Especially this one:

"
Yesterday afternoon, I'm pulling up to Lenscrafters in the local mall parking lot as I need to get a new pair of $200 RayBan's that lack polarization so I can see my awesome Sirius/iPod audio display. I'm looking for an empty place to park so jealous people can't scratch my car and there's a spot way over there where I can go nose to nose with a 528i. No sooner am I putting the windows up than the owner of the 5 comes out. It's a 50 something woman. She looks straight at me, says "nice car" and I respond "Your's too. Not sporty, but I love the color." We give each other a knowing "we're better than everyone else" glance and I go in to get my shades. Killed."

This guy BJ is a riot.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthrea...mw+kill+stories
Old 10-14-2007, 09:35 AM

Sorry, if I missed it, but these guys are joking, right?

-Ed
Old 10-14-2007, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Edify,Oct 14 2007, 09:35 AM
Sorry, if I missed it, but these guys are joking, right?

-Ed
Ofcourse they are.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:14 AM

You sure?

"Since every kill story I've posted is 100% true, the reason no mention of Rolex comes up is that the people involved didn't notice them. You realize that these stories are true, right? I know they might sound made up because they're so over the top, but that's me. I'm an over-the-top guy as you may have noticed. I do throw non-quarter change out the window, I do toss straw wrappers and refuse receipts at drivethru windows, I do stop at gas stations when I don't need fuel just to get some stares from people, I do cruise malls and Salvation Army parking lots to show off, I do frequent McDonald's for my kids, and I do prefer Dunkin' to other to-go coffee places. What I post is 100% true. People find it funny (as do I) but it's really taking place. That's what makes it really hillarious. To me, at least.

BJ"

"Some people are just raised that way. Long Island, 1980's, growing up, that was the height of the big money Wall Street era. My parents cared more about being seen in the Benz and the Bimmer than having food on the table. As children of the 1950's and the launch of the car era, they were brought up to believe that those driving Cadillac's were better than those driving Chevy's. My mom tells a story of how my grandfather circa 1957 would refuse to put his windows down when the outside temperature was 60 degrees because he didn't want anyone to think he couldn't afford air conditioning in the car. My dad lost his job and went thousands of dollars in debt but didn't stop the payments on the 745i.

Anyway, it's just the way it is. How come some people are sports fanatics and their neighbors have never seen an NFL game? How come some people smoke and others don't? Hard to explain an ingrained habit that's part of your DNA I guess. Blaming my grandparents would be the easy thing to do, but I don't mind it. I like the fact that I can make up for an aging body and a receding hairline with some cash and sheetmetal. How often can you sit there and say you can cure your emotional woes with an off-the-shelf product?

I like me. But I like me better in a Bimmer.

BJ"
Old 10-14-2007, 10:20 AM

the replys to the OP cracked me up
Old 10-14-2007, 11:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

blows my mind....

and my new S costs the same as his lease.... idiot. on the (currently last) 109th page at the end somebody said 'if youre a true enthusiast, buy a honda.' that made my morning.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:43 PM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

wow, i read a few of these posts and all i can say is that these guys are duesche bags. i will admit i like the occasional look and stare from people but i talk about how i am better than everyone with my "status symbol" of a car and drive around the salvation army making fun of the less fortunate. i sure hope this guy is kidding when he writes this stuff, if not i hope he crashes his car and walks away so he can look at his tin can of shit all smashed up
Old 10-14-2007, 06:16 PM

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

2poor, of course he's kidding. Duh!
Old 10-14-2007, 06:24 PM

This just makes me laugh at people on this board that say they 'upgrade' to a BMW...same kind of logic as this "BJ" character.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:28 AM

If "BJ" is kidding he's a douchbag. If "BJ"'s not kidding he's a douchebag. I guess I'm either too old to find the humor, or too self confident to believe someone who leases a 3 series BMW thinks he's somehow found a status symbol, and needs to prove it to someone who is at the salvation army.

Quick Reply: STATUS KILLS