S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   2001 Yellow or Silver? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/2001-yellow-silver-775/)

Ray 10-31-2000 09:25 AM

I just got the call from my salesman that a 2001 Silver/Black S2000 is in.

I was originally in line to get the Silver back in September, but I gave that up to wait for 2001 Spa yellow. I have been waiting for a S2000 for nearly an eternity and I know that I would be very happy with either color.

But now I am really confused. I tend to be on the conservative side and I don't know yellow would be really right for me. I admit, I am some what consicious of what other think of me and would usually prefer to stay low profile.

But that yellow looks so nice and I can handle few more weeks of waiting.

What should I do, or what would you do?

Mellow Yellow 10-31-2000 09:29 AM

I wanted silver at first but yellow was the first available. Now I'm glad but I'd take either if it came in today.

le car 10-31-2000 09:31 AM

the silversone mettalic is unique, the spa yellow can be found on porsches, audis, riced up civics...
and it's vulgar IMO

javaguru 10-31-2000 09:43 AM

Take the silver. The yellow can be tiring after a couple of years.

S2K-F8 10-31-2000 09:47 AM

I am about to trade in my silver for a yellow one, but yellow IS flashy.

I think the silver is a more acceptable color, but I can't get the yellow out of my head...I just gotta have it!

Jay Li 10-31-2000 10:10 AM

I debated between these two colors as well...I opted for the silver. It's really nothing like most other silver's you see, and I like the dark color. Yellow fades terribly, which is one of the reasons I opted for silver. Anyways...the dealer already actually has the 2001 in the showroom? If so, that's the first 2001 that's arrived so far to this board's knowledge!

Bieg 10-31-2000 10:34 AM

The silverstone is the only metalic offered. When you look close at this incredible color you will be amazed at the mix of color. A friend of mine who is a custom painter (with his own Dupont colormatch system) was stunned at the mixture. He pointed out to me that Honda has even mixed some Pearl into the paint. Look close at it in the daylight and you will see it.

The color NEVER gets old because it changes the most under different lighting conditions. It reflects it's surroundings and for my money it is the only color that truly shows off the lines of the S2000 with all of it's shadow detail.

The Yellow is lust
The Silver is love.

S2KYELLOW 10-31-2000 10:36 AM

Yellow is the only color because I need to locate the S2K fast to make the dash fast after I have lifted from the store. :)

benjaminchoi 10-31-2000 10:40 AM

Hey, man, if you're in your mid to early twenties or even younger, go for the yellow. You only live once and you'll have plenty of time to go conservative the rest of your life.

If you drove the yellow and had bleach blonde hair with big ass earrings, then you're pushing it. But I figure Honda S2000 people are usually classy folks.

If you haven't read my topic, I'm debating this as well--between black and yellow and white.

I am favoring yellow right now. And about all this fading business... yeah for cars from the 80s. Paint technology these days will allow for the color to remain consistent for years.

Go with your GUT feelings. The silver is too common and boring.

Now if you're 28+, then go with any other color.

VA S2K 10-31-2000 10:47 AM

Originally posted by benjaminchoi:
The silver is too common and boring.

Common yes, but boring?? NO WAY!!