S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

2002 rio yellow id

Old 05-13-2019, 11:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2002 rio yellow id

Hi my name is john

Currently looking at a 200w rio yellow s2000. Originally from wyckoff, NJ then willmington, NC now Florida. Was wondering if the past owner(s) or someone familiar with the car can give me more info on it

2002 ap1 rio yellow
brian crower stroker with full race turbo kit
tuned by Jeff Evans on aem ems.
gonna see it Wednesday and get more info. Current owner doesn’t know too much about it
last 4 digit vin is 5247

thanks in advanced for the help
pics attached

Old 05-14-2019, 07:43 AM

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts

uhhh... you're going to buy a full on "race turbo'd" S2000, when the previous owner doesn't know much about it?

That doesn't even look like an actual rio yellow pearl or spa yellow. And for the record, a year 2002 Honda S2000 would have been in the spa yellow color. Rio Yellow Pearl started with the AP2.

Walk away man.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:00 AM

Yea just read up on the sticky. It being spa yellow. Yea no build sheet. He supposedly bought it off someone who had it done but no build sheet. I guess the search continues
Old 05-14-2019, 08:03 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo
uhhh... you're going to buy a full on "race turbo'd" S2000, when the previous owner doesn't know much about it?

That doesn't even look like an actual rio yellow pearl or spa yellow. And for the record, a year 2002 Honda S2000 would have been in the spa yellow color. Rio Yellow Pearl started with the AP2.

Walk away man.
You know full race is a company that makes turbo kits for the s2000 and a lot of other cars right? It isn't just a random description.

OP the car looks fairly clean even with the potato quality pictures. I would want to have a PPI done to check compression on the engine and check that the turbo is in good shape. My other fear with a heavily modded car like this is finding things when something does need work. I don't recognize the car though so not sure if there were ever on here. The color does look a little off to me as well but it could be the picture quality. Is there something stuck to the door? Like part of a side skirt or something?
The following users liked this post:
Booosted (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 09:03 AM

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
You know full race is a company that makes turbo kits for the s2000 and a lot of other cars right? It isn't just a random description.

OP the car looks fairly clean even with the potato quality pictures. I would want to have a PPI done to check compression on the engine and check that the turbo is in good shape. My other fear with a heavily modded car like this is finding things when something does need work. I don't recognize the car though so not sure if there were ever on here. The color does look a little off to me as well but it could be the picture quality. Is there something stuck to the door? Like part of a side skirt or something?
No I didn't know. But not having details of the work done on the car either at present, or to the previous owner's knowledge is more than enough for me to walk away. Regardless of how reputable said build company is or isn't.

I also hope it's just the lighting of the photos, cause that looks more like spa lime to me than it is spa yellow.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:19 AM

Yea I know full race builds a lot of kits. I was hoping that someone on here recognize the car. I’ll check the car out tomorrow just to see how it is. I am weary of the no build sheet.

I’m just looking for a fun daily. My other toy is an Evo 8. I’ll run it through the tests and decide from there. My other option is an ap2 rio yellow supercharged with 67k miles. This one has 85k miles. Ap2 is a difference of 5 grand. Both clean title no accidents and both do need a new top and new passenger fender.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:13 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Someone put a lot of time into that engine bay.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:15 PM

Found out the original owner. It’s got a lot done to it. Now putting it through a leak down test etc. If things checks out. I may pick it up.

It runs pretty good. Gonna talk to the engine builder to get more info.

Wish me luck
JasonMG (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 02:14 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

Whoa...any more pics of the hood? Anything closer up or finer detail...or underside.... I'm kind of thinking that may be an authentic Mugen hood.
If that car is a repaint and it used to be Silverstone, I may know the original owner. There's a little add-on on the door that comes with the authentic GP Sports side skirt. Not too many people on this forum had authentic GP Sports kit.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:26 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

Post #20 on this thread:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ga...-457450/page2/
Booosted (05-15-2019)

Quick Reply: 2002 rio yellow id