S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

!

Old 02-24-2001, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch, that hurts just to look at! This seems to happen quite a lot, people claim they 'didn't see it', maybe the S in S2000 is not Sport after all, but Stealth
Old 02-25-2001, 12:14 AM

I'm sure your roommate feels lousy about this; don't be too hard on him. Of course, he is filing this on his insurance, isn't he?
Old 02-25-2001, 04:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by exNSX
Let us know where you get it fixed and what kind of job they do. I believe I'm local to you (Eastern Shore) and would like to know for reference (just in case...)
Hey, a local, ehh? I seldom see the ones that were sold in Salisbury. Mine is prolly seen the most often

I have heard good reviews, and liked the body shop that is now *cough* Pohanka, well maybe Pohanka isn't bad because of the name, but the people at the dealership are the same.

Anyway, the insurance 'Estimator' will look at it on Wed. but I have no idea when it can be done because I want all new parts. You can't bang out the hood, because of the beam.
And the reflector lens is broken, bumper deformed, and the fender is missing some metal.

Its pretty sad when I like the body shop here but have to go to Florida to get REAL service (Tranny/clutch/recalls)
I cant beleive they gave me such a hard time, for cryin' out loud, they should be covered by Honda.

PS, they cut a PO to me for a "finders fee" for Hung Vo's Spa Yellow '01 . . . Months ago, I have yet to get the check, a mere 50 bucks. Whats with their integrity? Is it just the "sales" way of life??

Maybe I should put a [/RANT]
Old 02-25-2001, 04:28 AM

Mr. Hesel. I have only been part of this forum for a couple of months now & have gained valuable information & been made to feel quite welcome & at home. Till your bold broad remarks regarding owners/drivers of SUV's etc. It so happens that my wife drives one & is a safe alert ***hole to use your description. I'm sorry if you have had bad experiences with SUV drivers but guess what? I ran across a Stook owner last night & told him how nice I thought his red looked & that mine was being ordered next month. At which time he decided to "show off" & begin dicing & weaving into & out of traffic on a multi lane rural road. But because he drives a Stook means he's NOT an ***hole I guess????? You might want to be more specific in who you call an ***hole.
Old 02-25-2001, 04:29 AM

Just wait 'til your roommate gets the estimate (about $500 light shell, $350 new fender, $700 repaint)--- I hope he has a good paying job. DON'T put it on your insurance if you can help it. Get the money from him.
Old 02-25-2001, 12:05 PM

The hood and bumper have got to go also, his insurance is taking care of the tab.
Old 02-25-2001, 12:36 PM

Make sure you get the parts back. The Hood you can modify with NACA ducts for a better intake.
Old 02-25-2001, 12:40 PM

Hey JT,

Keep your shirt on, I think Rick was just stating the obvious and venting a little...kinda' like you just did.

Many times SUV's give their owner a false sense of security because of their size, unfortunately they also tend to give an added attitude of "I own the road because I'm bigger than you" as well. The facts are no help to your case...SUV's take up too much room, they turn too wide, they accelerate too slow, and they take too damn long to stop, but there is a lot to be said for the individual driver. I'm glad your wife is a good and attentive driver, but in my experience she seems to be the exception...not the rule.
To be fair, there are many sports car owners out there who feel they own the road just because they have a fast and nimble car.
It is truly too bad that the license program is the way it is in this country, we could weed out a lot of frustration if it were better.
Ask yourself this question... Would you rather share the road with a kid in a new sports car, or an adult in an SUV that has much better things to do with their time than drive?
Just my two cents.

Andrew
Old 02-25-2001, 08:11 PM

Oh Beleive me Im keeping all I can get out of it!
Old 02-26-2001, 01:19 AM

Whoa!!! Sounds like a few people ought to switch to DECAFINATED!!! Chill out, gang! We're all family here! Let's face it, there will be representatives of EVERY kind of car who drive like they own the road, AND those who drive very cautiously and defensively.

This board is used very often for us to vent about our experiences. Some of us may be a little prone to over generalization, but I'm sure no one who commonly frequents this board intends to insult anyone else. Remember, guys, MANNERS!! (Let's not forget what our Mommies taught us about playing nice with others!)

Quick Reply: !