S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   After 600 miles on MY07 S2k... (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/after-600-miles-my07-s2k-515024/)

dimi 08-08-2007 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by HGL1668,Aug 8 2007, 10:55 PM
Ya, I think it quick. Its weird for me, a car feels faster if I sit next to the driver, but when I am driving the car, it doesn't feel as fast. example, my intergra

Do you guys get that sometimes?

All the time. I'm sure if you let a trustworthy friend drive your car it will feel faster, but then there aren't many friends that I'd let drive my car.

esmith 08-08-2007 11:08 PM

It gets lighter with time because aerodynamic drag will gradually shave off top layers of your car's body. It's a tiny effect but adds up over tens of thousands of miles. In addition, it will improve your car's Cd (coefficient of drag) by working mostly on those parts that create air resistance. That's why older cars are usually faster. But wait too long and your car will rust because all protective layers will be gone. It's a delicate balance.

There are a few things you can do to make your car faster. Always drive as fast as you can (air resistance is proportional to square of velocity). Avoid driving in traffic, especially behind big trucks and SUVs. Make sure to wash your car at least twice a week.

Some cars like Corvettes, Porsches and Ferraris have carbon fiber bodies, when protective layer of carbon fiber wears off, the car simply collapses. That's why you usually see them driving with traffic or 5 mph under speed limit. They don't want to risk structural collapse. Fortunately, S2000's body is made of old fashioned stainless steel.

CBR2200 08-08-2007 11:41 PM

:LOL:

tbonesteak 08-08-2007 11:58 PM

i just hit 12k today and am confident to state that the beast is noticeably quicker than she was at 600. The car is like a nice bottle of wine. Gets better as it ages. I love this freaking car.

Chrisbert 08-09-2007 03:24 AM

I'm at about 1000 miles now, and she feels more free than when I hit 600 too.

armeN 08-09-2007 05:13 AM

your too picky man relax and enjoy the car. It'll open up eventually stop getting your panies in a bunch

__redruM 08-09-2007 06:12 AM

Also the car has a learning ECU. So you've been driving it lightly for 600 miles now, and that's enough for the ECU to think you're a granny. Given another gas tank or two to learn you're new habits and it should pick up.

Also another part of making this car go fast is experience. It's not an easy car to drive fast. Most cars you put you're foot on the floor and that's it. The S2000, you have to get to the redline in 1st and keep it above 6000ish with each shift. If you do you'll find yourself going 70ish before you even get out of 3rd gear.

Something fun for new owners:
http://www.turnzero.com/technical_resource...gear_calculator

trump26901 08-09-2007 07:18 AM

[QUOTE=esmith,Aug 8 2007, 11:08 PM] It gets lighter with time because aerodynamic drag will gradually shave off top layers of your car's body. It's a tiny effect but adds up over tens of thousands of miles. In addition, it will improve your car's Cd (coefficient of drag) by working mostly on those parts that create air resistance. That's why older cars are usually faster. But wait too long and your car will rust because all protective layers will be gone. It's a delicate balance.

There are a few things you can do to make your car faster. Always drive as fast as you can (air resistance is proportional to square of velocity). Avoid driving in traffic, especially behind big trucks and SUVs. Make sure to wash your car at least twice a week.

Some cars like Corvettes, Porsches and Ferraris have carbon fiber bodies,

suvh8r 08-09-2007 07:29 AM

Reset the ECU and go at it! It thinks you are a grandma.

Bochet 08-09-2007 07:30 AM

i felt the same way trump.

you are joking aren't you esmith?

ps: i concur that it is almost certainly the ECU