S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

alignment on a 06 ? same as o4?

Old 05-04-2006, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alignment on a 06 ? same as o4?

i just went to get an alignment on my car, the last specs the "laser alignment : program has is for and 04 , is everything in there the exact same, specs wise for alignment reasons. ??oh yeah and they said that everything is within adjustment, ? is that possible , what the hell does that mean, i was in an accident and i was thinking, new control arm , spindal, knuckle. within adjustment??? wtf
Old 05-04-2006, 01:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

badmansams2000,
I don't know the nature of your accident but I can only offer comments. The best thing to do is get a print out of your alignment before they do any adjustments, then get a printout of the after to confirm what has been chagned, and by how much.

Camber, caster and toe are all adjustable on this vehicle, so it's possible to move the control arms and links independantly to get to the OEM spec alignment. This is a good thing.

I have a MY 04 and had similar problems due to a minor accident. There was trouble to align the car correctly at the suspension/wheels side, so the Honda dealer took my car to a body shop and had the chassis/frame checked by laser sights. We found that the chassis/frame was off slightly and this this was causing the difference from spec. The frame wasn't damaged, probably from wear and tear (and track days....but don't tell the dealer that!!!). Once the chassis was adjusted properly my alignment was spot on a perfect.

I have to believe the MY 06 alignment is the same as the MY 04+. In your owners manual near the very end it will list the camber, caster and toe for the front and camber and toe for the rear...all with tolerance. This is exactly what your vehicle should be aligned to.

If you go to the Honda dealer like I do, they have these specs in their Hunter namebrand alignment rack. However it's also a good idea to show this spec to the tech doing the work. I actually had the dealer give me a different alignment spec from the manual one time. It was just a glitch in the computer or something, but they didn't know any better so they adjusted my car to such. I reviewed the printout and bitched and showed them exactly what I wanted, so they fixed it immediately. The point is, know exactly what it should be, and make sure they understand how to do it. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Christopher