S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Amuse front lip VS. IDi (Amuse style) lip

Old 05-29-2002, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amuse front lip VS. IDi (Amuse style) lip

What's the difference? Price? Quality? Material? Is IDi lip made in Japan?

Also, HOW CAN YOU TELL between the two?
Old 05-30-2002, 12:56 AM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by OneQuickS2K
What's the difference? Price? Quality? Material? Is IDi lip made in Japan?

Also, HOW CAN YOU TELL between the two?
Supposedly the IDi fits a lot better than Amuse. The quality of the IDi is stronger than the Amuse one.

The difference is subtle. You have to ask Mingster himself on that one!
Old 05-30-2002, 03:43 AM
Former Moderator

bshigeta - why don't you give your honest opinion? The only difference is the Amuse badge. Let's face it body parts have been copied for years, if it's that big a deal then why does every manufacturer do it?
Old 05-30-2002, 08:40 AM

Originally posted by bshigeta
one is a rip off, a plagiarized copy, devaluing the style or an idea that was once as unique as the concept of the very car itself, an insult to the designer who carved it, and to all those who own authentic amuse, why don't you fund the people who really advance the development of the s2000 instead of those who steal and claim to have made a better imitation, how you can have a better imitation beats me, if anyone has seen the construction of their exhuasts in person, you know that they are of the highest quality

aside from the aftermarket industry (open any sports compact car or import tuner), you're saying that companies like TDK, Microsoft, and Apple should be out of business then?
Old 05-30-2002, 09:10 AM

one is a rip off, a plagiarized copy, devaluing the style or an idea that was once as unique as the concept of the very car itself, an insult to the designer who carved it, and to all those who own authentic amuse, why don't you fund the people who really advance the development of the s2000 instead of those who steal and claim to have made a better imitation, how you can have a better imitation beats me, if anyone has seen the construction of their exhuasts in person, you know that they are of the highest quality

Let me guess, you spent the extra cash to get the real "Amuse" front lip for a little over 500 bucks and you ticked off that people like me picked up the Idi one for like 200 bucks cheaper. I'm I pretty close. I put mine on and it looks great.

BTW Thanks Rich!!

JMO
Old 05-30-2002, 10:11 AM

Yeah....get this.

I was recently criticized by TWO prominent members of this board (one of them even has a post in this very thread...you know who you are !!!) because I put an (in his opinion, supposedly) inferior R1 brand GT wing on my car. Why was I criticized? Most likely vanity. Simply because it was NOT a genuine J's racing or Veilside. Hmmmmm.

Well, I recently found some pics of the Spoon S2000 Endurance Racer posted on this forum, and WHADDYA KNOW..........my wing and the J's wing (could be Amuse as it has their decal on it) on the Spoon car are absolutely identical in every way. I mean, there is not an ounce of difference between the two. They are the same damn wing.

Period.

Except for the fact that the J's/Amuse costs over $500 and my wing only cost me ~$160.

Now tell me.....if the wing is from J's and being that they are a small boutique business in Japan, could it not be beyond J's to actually BUY their wing from the same company (a large one most likely) that also supplies to R1/Hiper and other manufacturers and simply brand the wing? Therefore, there would be no difference between the R1 and J's except that J's slap a 250%+ markup on it because it has their name screen printed on the box?

And Amuse possibly being a larger company...couldn't they obtain the wings at better prices due to economies of scale? I don't understand how one company can retail a wing at $160, and another company retail the same wing at over $500. Sombody over the ocean is getting VERY rich at the expense of our gullability.

That's so pathetic.
Old 05-30-2002, 10:37 AM
Spammer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sime
[B]Yeah....get this.

I was recently criticized by TWO prominent members of this board (one of them even has a post in this very thread...you know who you are !!!) because I put an (in his opinion, supposedly) inferior R1 brand GT wing on my car. Why was I criticized?
Old 05-30-2002, 10:54 AM

I aint here to post this question to start a flame war on s2ki.com
I'm just simply asking what the differences are 'cuz I've never seen neither in person.
I've seen both in pictures on s2ki.com but they look EXACTLY the same. I'm
asking what the differences are and how can you tell between the two. I'm not
asking for your opinion, but I do appreciate it.
Copied body kits has been around, FYI. Not use IDi, in california, there are LOTS of
companies that copy Mugen kits, C-west kits, Veilside kits,...etc.
Old 05-30-2002, 10:57 AM

Back on the topic. I've seen the IDi lip in person and it was, IMHO, very poor quality. The person who purchased the lip had to send the first one back because it was defective from the factory (crack from a 'bubble' in the material). I saw the cracked lip before it was replaced, it was very thin and not of good quality. Once the new lip was received and painted it had been cracked after 24 hours of being on the car from being bumped on a curb (driver error). The IDi does not seem to be veru durable at all...I cannot speak of the Amuse.
Old 05-30-2002, 11:40 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wesmaster
[B]Back on the topic.

Quick Reply: Amuse front lip VS. IDi (Amuse style) lip