S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Amuse Quality

Old 08-18-2005, 09:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Amuse Quality

I've noticed while reading through quite a few Amuse exhaust threads that a few owners of the exhaust seem to have had problems with them.

I can only assume that at the hefty price tag, not that many people own these and therefore am left thinking that a rather large percentage of these exhausts end up being defective in some way...

For the money paid, it seems like that should not be the case. What I'd like is to get feedback from everyone on the board who owns an Amuse exhaust so that we can all get a clear idea of what we're getting into before dropping 2G's on it.

I'm in the market for a header and exhaust at the moment but am starting to have doubts about Amuse due to some of the headaches some owners seem to have had with them.

It appears that any problem you do have with your Amuse ends up being the end of it in most cases as it's very difficult to find an exhaust shop willing and able to work with Ti.

This post also seems particularly important for anyone looking to buy a used Amuse as they won't even be able to go back to the place of business who originally sold it for any help...

Before I get flamed... I'm not bashing Amuse, personally I've had no experience with them and actually, like everyone else, am very impressed with the look, weight and performance gains provided by their products.

Owners... lets hear it.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somebody has some reviews for some Amuse $hit! Let's hear it. This damn hotel internet is so slow the search even takes to dang long.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got an R1 amuse exhaust and I love it. The exhaust sound great not loud and annoying but has a deep rich tone to it. Its one of best looking and sounding exhaust heard or seen. If money is not an issue I would reccomend it. FYI I paid around $2300 with shipping.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:34 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Talking

The early versions had some problems with the center resonator. The way they made the mount caused some of the hangers and cans to crack. The newest versions have a new mounting system that looks to have solved that problem.

Mine cracked the center resonator and hanger, which caused a harmonic vibration at around 4800 RPM. I was able to completely remove the center resonator and replace it with a piece of Amuse titanium pipe, basically changing it from a Dual Titan "Extra" into a standard Dual Titan. The end result is a more aggressive sound that I like better. The "Extra" version was too quite for me.

The Amuse construction, performance, looks, and weight make it a great choice if you can justify the price.

http://media.putfile.com/amuse-resonatorectomy