S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Is anyone approaching the "No more mods zone?"

Old 01-08-2003, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone approaching the "No more mods zone?"

First off, this is NOT one of those, "I don't see how anyone would want to change this car" threads. I've spent some decent coin since taking delivery nearly a year ago styling and personalizing my own Suzuka but last night, while mentally preparing a "to do" list of possible spring mods, I had myself quite a list on paper until I started questioning the sanity behind the continued obsession with "personalizing" my car and started crossing off mod after mod. Telling myself, "is that really necessary? Would anyone other than me notice? Do I really NEED to do this?" After the questions had been answered, my list went from about 13 or 14 planned changes down to 3 or 4.
My question to other members is simply: Has anyone gotten bit by the modification bug only to throttle back awhile later and how is your 12-step program to sanity progressing? You guys who are driving 'em stock aren't really in my crosshairs because it seems in this day and age, keeping a performance car stock is probably the best way TO differentiate yourself from the rest of us.
I'm just curious if this is a personal discovery of my own or has anyone else seen the light and at some point in the past, simply decided to enjoy the car as it is and not necessarilly what it SHOULD be.
Looking back, I probably spent wayyy too much time under and over the car last summer when I should of been out driving the damn thing.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:15 AM

i do, i always think about leaving my car a lone, then go on here and see how awsome yous peoples cars are and that changes my mind real quick. i don't plan on doing an extremly amount of work to my car. i just want to keep the mods i have and soon pick up a comptech supercharger & the gauges to go with it, 18" Volk Gt-C (Gunmetal), not sure what suspension, and a carbon fiber front lip. after that, that is when the bug bite goes away and have a awsome personalized automobile.

MAtt
Old 01-08-2003, 07:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm rapidly approaching the 'got no $ for mods zone'. Does that count?
Old 01-08-2003, 07:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SC_Highlander
[B]I'm rapidly approaching the 'got no $ for mods zone'.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:36 AM

I had the bug REALLY bad with my last car. I put so much time and $$ into it, it was all I thought about. Then I started to notice how rediculously crazy my obsession was, and it tapered off. I bought my s used with 18" wheels, and thats the only mod on the car. I actually like the car like it is, and for now, that seems to be acting as bug repellent.
But, whenever I see how cool some of the mods look, it does make me think....Hmmm....
Old 01-08-2003, 07:46 AM

I want to get 4.44:1 gears, but the cost including installation is damn high. Argghhhhh . . . .
Old 01-08-2003, 08:19 AM

Yeah, I've pretty much talked myself out of getting 17" rims partly due to cost and partly due to having to go with S03's. Still thinking about the gears though.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:45 AM

I've been in the "no more mods zone" for three years now. I satisfy my need to customize and modify with my Ducati Monster.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:49 AM

Never. I never get to the point of no more mods. The reason being that I don't have the resources to finish my mod list. So until I hit the lottery I'm gunna keep on plugging away at the small items on the list.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:59 AM

I'm finished. Maybe an OEM lip and spoiler, but besides that I'm finished. Not that I'm sick of it, it's just that I don't find it necessary for my needs or wants. But to those who do continue to modify, as long as it looks good I don't mind.

Quick Reply: Is anyone approaching the "No more mods zone?"