S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Auto Transporting..Need Referral

Old 04-23-2001, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need a reliable transportation company to ship a 66 mustang from Houston to Phili, Pa.

Can you recommend someone?

Thanks in Advance
Old 04-23-2001, 04:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check out this thread:
http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthre...p?threadid=5387
Old 04-23-2001, 05:14 AM

I am using Intercity Lines to ship my car to CA this week.

This will be the first time I use them but I have heard good things about them.

http://www.intercitylines.com
Old 04-23-2001, 07:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recommend Intercity Lines as a sponsor for S2KDays! However, whenI moved from Florida to Texas and they couldn't fit me in, they recommended Horseless Carriage. I ended up using Horseless and was very happy with them. I also saw them transporting from the Ferrari Challenge 2 weeks ago, so I guess if they're good enough for all of those Ferraris, that's good enough for me!
Old 04-23-2001, 09:09 AM

I used Intercitylines to ship my S2k from Maryland to California. They are very knowledgeable and super friendly. They ship only top cars and have worked with Jerry Sienfeld (all of his Porsche's), Bill Cosby etc. etc... They are a bit more expensive but they are an enclosed car carrier service. I actually did have a minor scratch on my drivers door but for 3,000 miles of driving I sort of understand. BTW, your car will be insured for up to $150,000. Good luck!
Old 04-23-2001, 09:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Silver
[B]I used Intercitylines to ship my S2k from Maryland to California.
Old 04-23-2001, 09:39 AM

I'm not really sure how the scratching occured. It looked like something scraped across sideways on the door. You see the trucks are two levels so when they pull your car in, they have NO room to get in or out of your car. It's not unreasonable to think it happened that way. Also, my car sat in Massachussettes (their HQ's) for a couple of days, so who knows?? It turns out the driver said that this was his first in 2 years! I believe him, they are very careful...but things like this do happen...The scratches are very very minor (I'm slowly getting over it). When the car shipped it had 257 miles on it. So, you can imagine how I felt. It turns out the repaint this they would have to take apart the whole car, practically, and for that it's just not worth it. I recommend you look over the car VERY CAREFULLY when they are their to pick it up. They will look it over too but just make sure it's clean so there is no discrepency. Also, when they drop the car off to you in CA, before you sign anything, thoroughly look the car over. They are good people and I would recommend them to anyone. Getting a little scratch or nick is just a part of the process. It's less likely with them but obviously never impossible. Good luck!
Old 04-23-2001, 09:55 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Silver
[B]I'm not really sure how the scratching occured.
Old 04-23-2001, 12:33 PM

I had my S2000 shipped from New Jersey to California using Auto Log (autolog.com). I managed to get a dealer price on the shipping: $895 for an enclosed car carrier. I highly recommend them, even though I doubt they'll ever quote that low of a price again.
Old 04-23-2001, 07:28 PM

The two most recommended auto-transporters on the viper club site are Intercity and Reliable.

Quick Reply: Auto Transporting..Need Referral