S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

basic suspension mods?

Old 10-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default basic suspension mods?

im looking to tighten things up a bit.
nothing too crazy, don't really want to compromise the ride quality at all, as it is a daily driver.

what do you guys reccomend for the best bang for your buck suspension parts?
Old 10-21-2008, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by jbell,Oct 21 2008, 02:21 PM
im looking to tighten things up a bit.
nothing too crazy, don't really want to compromise the ride quality at all, as it is a daily driver.

what do you guys reccomend for the best bang for your buck suspension parts?
Sway bars. Is a good start. Swifts?
Old 10-21-2008, 06:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

What do you want to accomplish? For a daily driver, the S2000 doesn't need any modifications IMO.

Do you have an Ap1 or Ap2? Do you plan on autocrossing or tracking? Is there a specific problem with the stock suspension that you would like addressed?

Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but vague questions get vague answers.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally first thing i would do is get a set of coilovers. i hate factory ride heights on most cars.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what you've said, you DO NOT need a coilover setup. I don't think anyone needs to spend that money unless they're tracking their car. And bars won't tighten things up to an extent that you'll honestly feel and see a difference. Many suspension modifications are mind over matter. Start with a set of coil springs, they will lower your height and definitely help your car handle better.

I'm not going to tell you this car doesn't need anything modified as another member just did...you obviously started this thread because you need a change and that's perfectly understandable.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Banned

none of the braces make a big difference?
i remember there being braces for the front bumper (metal part, not the painted) for civics/egs/etc... that DRASTICALLY tightened up the front end of the car.

im not saying im looking for that piece, but i was curious if there were any similar things that did that (lower x-brace, fender braces, etc)

basically, i got the mod bug.
im not concerned about all motor hp, so no go-fast mods.
its just too expensive to get a noticeable gain on our cars. their so well-tuned from the factory. its not worth my dollar right now, so i'll wait for that turbo kit.
exterior... its silverstone, black wheels, and cf hardtop. its sexy. maybe i'd tint my tails, but nothing really needs tweaking IMO. (and anything i do want is too stupid expensive)

so suspension it is
springs sound like a good idea. im just concerned it will be way too bouncy, or stiff. i had coilovers on my del sol, back in the day... and they were tight. (were advertised as street, vs their race ones too)

i would like to strip down my engine bay, remove all the shit in there, replace fittings with earls, etc... make it sexy... but there isn't much documentation about what you can remove (regarding evap, vacum lines, etc)
Old 10-22-2008, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by common reactor,Oct 21 2008, 09:10 PM
From what you've said, you DO NOT need a coilover setup. I don't think anyone needs to spend that money unless they're tracking their car. And bars won't tighten things up to an extent that you'll honestly feel and see a difference. Many suspension modifications are mind over matter. Start with a set of coil springs, they will lower your height and definitely help your car handle better.

I'm not going to tell you this car doesn't need anything modified as another member just did...you obviously started this thread because you need a change and that's perfectly understandable.
Wow are you kidding me? Have you ever done a proper sway bar setup. Its the best thing you can do to the s2k with out messing up the stock setup. Spring are really dumb. You will have blown shocks with in 15k. And springs only upgrade messes up the cars handling. The stock shocks will be riding on its bumpsteer all the time.

Braces are a waste of money. I track my car every month and have gone though 4 to 5 braces. Not worth the money. The only thing to make a different I could feel was the ASM X brace.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:36 AM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by blkblks2k,Oct 22 2008, 02:42 AM
Wow are you kidding me? Have you ever done a proper sway bar setup. Its the best thing you can do to the s2k with out messing up the stock setup. Spring are really dumb. You will have blown shocks with in 15k. And springs only upgrade messes up the cars handling. The stock shocks will be riding on its bumpsteer all the time.

Braces are a waste of money. I track my car every month and have gone though 4 to 5 braces. Not worth the money. The only thing to make a different I could feel was the ASM X brace.

Front sway bar really makes a difference. It's the only mod I had on my last S, and it is essential for autox.

I still stand by my statement that a stock car really doesn't need anything to improve street driving. But then again, i really don't know what the OP wants to accomplish except to mod for the sake of modding.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned

ok, so lets go with springs.

what springs will give me a subtle drop, nothing more than 1.5- without making it terribly stiff or bouncy?
Old 10-23-2008, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Espelir's

Quick Reply: basic suspension mods?