S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Best Overall Header?

Old 03-18-2004, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Overall Header?

Looking to buying a header with the most gains possible and I was wanting your suggestions on whats the best out there. I have did lots of research on Hytech,Toda,Mugen,Amuse..etc. and from my knowledge they are all about equal in weight and hp gains. I realize a header is just a header but thats not all true...I have given thought to having a header built to my specs as of having the right size collector and bends but that will probably get to a more expensive route but from some of the guys that I know that have had a full equal length header built for them ..they are putting down some nice gains where they want it. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 03-18-2004, 05:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The car comes with a good header. The aftermarket units offer very small improvements in different parts of the rpm range.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:55 AM

Different headers for different purposes. Spoon is noted for high end, Mugen, midrange with a little loss up top. Toda is nice, but no heat shield. Amuse, not too many have.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Unless you want to build 20+ prototypes, you will probably wind up with LESS power than stock. The custom equal length headers that your buddies have built were probably on cars that didn't have headers to begin with (B16s or B18s?). Probably half of the headers on the market for the S2000 result in NO power gain (or even losses).
Old 03-18-2004, 07:29 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gernby
Unless you want to build 20+ prototypes, you will probably wind up with LESS power than stock.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:38 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

These fellas are pretty much dead on. I have one of those thousand buck Todas. Nice and shiney, looks real purdy, however, all the thousand bucks bought me was a loss of about 8 lbs off stock and a HUGE loss out of my bank account. As far as my butt dyno goes, it feels like it gained me about 1 HP.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:10 AM

I am glad I came across this on the board before purchasing the Toda Header b/c I was comtemplating between the Toda and Mugen . Well does anyone have dnyo plots of the mugen header or the spoon? I just feel a exhaust is not complete without the header sad to say and yes I do realize that honda did make this car very tight with all the respect it has. So more research before I really purchase one no offense to you XViper. Thanks for all the replies though I really appreciate it.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by BustedShox
I am glad I came across this on the board before purchasing the Toda Header b/c I was comtemplating between the Toda and Mugen . Well does anyone have dnyo plots of the mugen header or the spoon? I just feel a exhaust is not complete without the header sad to say and yes I do realize that honda did make this car very tight with all the respect it has. So more research before I really purchase one no offense to you XViper. Thanks for all the replies though I really appreciate it.
You are missing the point here. The car already has a good header! Actually, it already has a good cat-back exhaust too (aside from being heavy).
Old 03-18-2004, 08:31 AM

there are other options...just not proven

Axle Corp: www.axle-t.co.jp

Podio Racing: www.podio.co.jp

Old 03-18-2004, 09:59 AM

I would say whoever can afford the axle stuff is either lucky or a really hard worker.

Quick Reply: Best Overall Header?