S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Bluetooth Headset

Old 12-23-2008, 09:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bluetooth Headset

Alright, i'm in the market for a decent bluetooth headset that works well especially if i had the top down. I hear jawbone or plantronics is awesome and well worth the money. If anybody could reply with a suggestion or any input on which model they own or what works well for them, I would really appreciate it. Maybe something with noise cancelation? Idk, you tell me. Thanks
Old 12-23-2008, 09:33 PM

Pictures or any links would help too.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:57 PM
jah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought a jawbone 01 off of craigslist, its not that expensive so you could discard it if you dont like it:
-jawbone 01 vs 02, mainly a marketing difference
-difficult to operate, no big indication where the controls are but i guess if you use it often its do able
-dosnt fit firm to the ear and its sooo small it could just fall off blow away
-could be uncomftorable to some
-it has a plastic tab that must contact your skin and i assume this is what pick-ups the sound

i thought i read something where a motorola was going to buy a off shore design for sales this 1/4 or early next year. it is a totally in the ear device, no microphone and the sound is conducted through the bone/skin contact. somehow this has to do with the bluespoon desing that you cant buy now.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:19 PM

I have the jawbone 2. Its awesome for loud noise situations. I looked at the plantronics but i didnt like the look very much. I was able to talk and be heard perfectly clearly in my friend's car on the phone while i had to shout to him for him to hear me.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Another vote for Jawbone, people I call can barely tell I'm driving top down, much better than the Jabra JX10 which I also own.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by jah' date='Dec 23 2008, 10:57 PM
i bought a jawbone 01 off of craigslist, its not that expensive so you could discard it if you dont like it:
-difficult to operate, no big indication where the controls are but i guess if you use it often its do able
-it has a plastic tab that must contact your skin and i assume this is what pick-ups the sound

i thought i read something where a motorola was going to buy a off shore design for sales this 1/4 or early next year. it is a totally in the ear device, no microphone and the sound is conducted through the bone/skin contact. somehow this has to do with the bluespoon desing that you cant buy now.
great quick analysis jah! very much appreciated!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by illdiealonlyazn' date='Dec 23 2008, 11:19 PM
I have the jawbone 2. Its awesome for loud noise situations. I looked at the plantronics but i didnt like the look very much. I was able to talk and be heard perfectly clearly in my friend's car on the phone while i had to shout to him for him to hear me.
another friend of mine recommended the same device! thanks illdiealonlyazn, i think i'm leaning more towards this choice. anything else i should know about it before purchasing the item?
Old 12-24-2008, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by mister x' date='Dec 24 2008, 01:12 AM
Another vote for Jawbone, people I call can barely tell I'm driving top down, much better than the Jabra JX10 which I also own.
thanks for the input mister x.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote name='jah' date='Dec 23 2008, 10:57 PM'] i bought a jawbone 01 off of craigslist, its not that expensive so you could discard it if you dont like it:

i thought i read something where a motorola was going to buy a off shore design for sales this 1/4 or early next year.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:12 AM

oohh tek, good thing i check this thread before i went out and bought one this morning. that's a very good deal! i just ordered them online. much much appreciated!

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Headset