S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Bra mod!

Old 02-16-2001, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now, I know that most of you hate bras, but I have used them on quite a few of my cars with total success. They are kind of a pain to remove evertime you wash/wax, but with care I have experienced no damage to the front end. I bought the Colgan and had it modified. I added clear vinyl to the headlight sockets, covered the license plate area and
added material to the air intake air. There is no area exposed to the pommelling of rocks etc. I don't use it as much in summer, but always on long trips. When I get tired of it, toss it and the front end looks like new!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1296...3280&p=41135149

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1296...3280&p=41135144
Old 02-16-2001, 04:32 PM

Its not as bad on a black car, but with any other color messes up the lines too much IMO.
Old 02-16-2001, 04:55 PM

How did you get the clear plastic over the headlights? I was thinking of doing the same to my Colgan.
Old 02-16-2001, 07:17 PM
Community Organizer

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts

How did you do the stitching with the clear plastic! I wanna keep using my bra but it friggen just wont work. If you could tell your results on the clear plastic and if there is any dispersion of the beam that would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2001, 08:15 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pinky
[B]How did you do the stitching with the clear plastic!
Old 02-16-2001, 08:34 PM

Hey, just get the StonGard and never have to remove it and put it back after cleaning. It is transparent, nobody knows unless you tell them. And again never have to remove to clean and wax.
Old 02-17-2001, 05:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spectre - Nice job! It will be interesting to hear your report after nighttime driving. BTW, my Colgan bra did not have a cutout for the license plate. I think you can order one either way.
Old 02-18-2001, 08:21 AM

Report on night driving with modified Clogan Bra. No problem with diffusion or dispersion of light. The only problem I had was the bottom edge of the opening was too high and cut out some light. Easy fix re-position bra lower.
I feel good knowing that the entire nose of my stook is protected from pebbles and crap! Just remember a bra takes a lot of work, frequently check and wax the "line" that may form at the edge of the bra.
Old 02-18-2001, 08:59 AM

Yes you can order the Colgan with a license cut out as I have one with that cutout. But I too like Pinky don't use mine anymore. I bought it for a road trip and 20 minutes in the highway driving disloged on of the wheel-well clips and it was furiously banging on the fender, I reapplied the bra, and tightened all the sides and whatnot and 5 minutes later it did it again, so I yanked it off and haven't put it on since.

I'll have to try this mod, see if it works.
Old 02-27-2001, 11:13 AM
Community Organizer

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts

So specter any long term damage yet? Does the head lights get that plastic to hot to handle?(ie. mealting or damagin the paint/head light.)

Is there any way that they might be able to modify mine? I am going to try my simple mod but dont know if it will work.

I need to stitch in a couple straps to hold it down but dont think its gonna work. Might I be able to get their number to see if they will modify and ship back to me.

A local shop guy said he wouldnt touch it because it would get the plastic to hot over time and damage something. Hence my reason for asking if any long term effcts have been shown.

Quick Reply: Bra mod!