S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

close call today!

Old 11-04-2002, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this isn't much of a story but today as i was enjoying a nice decently warm afternoon with the top down.....i pulled up to a red light.

the left turning light for the intersection ahead of me was about to turn green...and i was going to take that turn. knowing that particular intersection's traffic lights take forever to change, i decided to gun it when my light turns green.

so green, i took off fairly quickly...going up to about 8K RPM in 3rd, felt kind of "hyper" so i heel-toed to 2nd...and took the lefty quite fast.

looking in the mirror after the turn was a cruiser with his lights going....i thought he was just in a hurry, so i signaled my right blinkers. He then got right behind me and turned off his blue lights. I thought...uh ok.

so anyways he followed me for awhile. then i thought wow he's awefully close to my bumber, im going to turn in to a shopping center to get away from him and see if he was following me.... as soon as i pulled to my left lane to turn in...he did too! my heart started racing, so i waited for traffic to go by and i turned....he got caught behind....and on came the blue lights again so traffic would let him go. i thought i was toast.

so i turned into the crowded parking lot......seeing that there was so much room in the far end..the thought of making a run crossed my mind. he follwed me as i got to the empty straight in the huge parking lot. i decided to wait there for him to pull behind me.

so he stopped behind me, i took my shades off so i wouldnt look cocky. before he could open his mouth to say something..i said.."im sorry officer i know what i did wrong and im really sorry" he said "son, i know this car is fun to drive but that wasn't the right place for it" then i kept on saying that i was sorry.....i didn't make any excuses. he said my radar detector wasn't going to get me out of tickets, and that if he saw me next time i was going to jail. (which would not happen)..so, what a relief that was.

close call, not much of a story....but it is to me. so thankx for reading, almost had to fork more $$$ for those attorney's....pheww....man, i dont drive like that all the time but when i do, i get caught. oh well, sometimes you can't help yourself.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:53 PM

Probably if you went on the accident calls he does, you'd look at it differently. You ran into a decent officer.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:55 PM

yeah and the cool thing was that he wasn't all that old!
Old 11-04-2002, 06:11 PM

I got that sooo beat.

A couple of years ago I was working a contract in Rockville MD and
I would take a series of country roads home to avoid the DC beltway.

Well even though passing wasn't allowed, I had driven these roads
enough such that I knew all the "safe" places to pass. So one bight
MD fall afternoon ,I was on my way home and I pass this slow moving
Ford Taurus. I mean I crossed the double line and drove away at 15
mph over the speed limit.

It turned out to be a CAPTAIN in the Montgomery County police.
About a mile later, his head lights begin to flash and it was then
that I realized what I had done.

He pulled me over and gave me warning.

Not that I deserved one.
Old 11-04-2002, 06:45 PM

Whew!
Old 11-04-2002, 06:50 PM

8K RPM in 3rd from an intersection? How fast were you going? More than 70 MPH easy. Come on...you know better than that. I hope...
Old 11-05-2002, 08:45 AM

Received 97 Likes on 61 Posts

I got pulled over a few years ago while in college. 80+ where the highway dropped from 65 to 55. Not good. The tropper looks at my registration (father's name, was in college at the time) and says "Your father works with us, doesn't he?" (Of course NOT), but I sheeplish agreed with him. He let me off with a stern warning and "I'm going to speak with your father Monday morning...."

heehee
Old 11-05-2002, 10:34 AM

dang dude ur lucky, I guess he was havin a good day.. then again, what could he get u for, .. oh maybe like unsfae driving i guess.. were u speeding?
Old 11-05-2002, 10:54 AM

Has anyone here gotten away from a cop giving chase?

That was something I'll remember for a while...
Old 11-05-2002, 10:59 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jeffbrig
[B]I got pulled over a few years ago while in college.

Quick Reply: close call today!