S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Colgan Bra

Old 10-14-2004, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colgan Bra

Hey All,

I recently bought a colgan bra for the S. I spent a little while fitting it onto the car tonight, and I must say, I am not really pleased with the fit. I just wanted to post this to see if anyone who has experience with the same bra, and could maybe point out something I maybe doing wrong. I posted some pics:

It seems to be the side clips that are supposed to hook under the body next to the tires arent very good at doing their job. I just worry that it will fall off on the highway or just come undone and look like crap when I paid pretty good money for it in the first place.

The little part that goes on the hood fits real well, very strudy. I was pleased with the fit and hold of this part.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:01 PM

Colgan stuff is generally top quality--they've been a vendor of mine before, get the fit right, and then just keep making each one just like the first.

If you've got fitment problems, most can be solved with a blow dryer in the "tight" spots. Also, some of the clips that they use are bendable, while others are pre-formed. If it still doesn't fit right after using a little heat, see if the tabs can be re-bent.

--I just looked at your pictures again--the fender well tabs can be bent after the desired shape is achieved. Just be patient, and it will end up looking fine.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:31 PM

I have the same bra. At first, I couldn't, for the life of me, install the bra. I ended up putting on the bra as best I could, then parking it in the sun for a few hours. After that, I pulled out any tight areas until it fitted. I do know of the two clips that you speak of: the lowest two clips in the wheel well? I bent those a little more so that they would hold. Be careful when you bend them. Do not bend them too quickly. Let it sit in the sun for a bit and then try to bend it to fit better. After you get a good fit, leave the bra on the car for a few days. See if any clips get loose. I've driven 800 miles with the bra already, and it fits pretty well. Occasionally one of the problem clips comes loose, but fear not, you can rest assured the rest of the bra wont come off.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:35 AM

I have this bra as well (with the carbon fiber look). I hated it for the longest time because I could never get it to fit right.

I love it now. Once the hooks are in the right place the bra is fantastic. It looks great now too.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the feedback all!

So it seems like I need to wait a little while, and work it in more as time goes by. I only really bought it because I'm driving back home to the bay area next week, and I want to worry less about rock chips on the highway and just enjoy the drive more.

Thanks for sharing this information with me though, you guys are great. I don't feel so bad now knowing that other people have experienced the same thing, but it "worked out" in the end.

By the way, how long is it safe to leave these bra's on your car without causing problems with the paint.. etc?
Old 10-15-2004, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ajjra,Oct 15 2004, 04:35 AM
I have this bra as well (with the carbon fiber look). I hated it for the longest time because I could never get it to fit right.
Sweet, a carbon fiber look? I'd have gotten that one if I knew about it. Got any pictures? I dig the leather, but a CF look would be an added bling point
Old 10-15-2004, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by YogiCA,Oct 15 2004, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the feedback all!

So it seems like I need to wait a little while, and work it in more as time goes by. I only really bought it because I'm driving back home to the bay area next week, and I want to worry less about rock chips on the highway and just enjoy the drive more.

Thanks for sharing this information with me though, you guys are great. I don't feel so bad now knowing that other people have experienced the same thing, but it "worked out" in the end.

By the way, how long is it safe to leave these bra's on your car without causing problems with the paint.. etc?
generally, you need to take the bra off if it's wet (e.g., from being in the rain). otherwise, it will trap moisture and you'll get weird marks on the paint (kind of similar to what happens when you spill water on a wood table (or use a cold drink w/o a coaster) and leave it there w/o drying it off). i used to have a bra on my old car and left the bra on for a few days after it rained and when i took it off, there were marks. luckily, there was no permanent damage and the paint slowly returned to normal as the moisture eventually evaporated.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:47 AM

Soory no pics but I'm sure there are plenty on the net
Old 10-15-2004, 12:01 PM

i like the thong headlights
Old 10-15-2004, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by dookiewhat,Oct 15 2004, 12:01 PM
i like the thong headlights
hehe, never thought of it that way. Being thong-like, I mean

Quick Reply: Colgan Bra