S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

The coolest thing

Old 03-30-2001, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever since I got my Stook (on Monday this week), everyone seems to be driving faster around me. Weird! I'm still in the break-in period, 300miles, so I'm not driving especilly fast.

Something cool happened to me today. I was merging onto the freeway, and some guy in a new red C5 Corvette passed me, and he gave me a big thumbs up (as in awesome car)! That was cool to be recognized like that!

My Yellow Stook is an attention getter. Everyone at work is talking about it all the time. Even my boss, and his peers!

I can't wait to go VTEC. Maybe by next weekend.

Jason
Old 03-30-2001, 01:36 PM

toewsj,

Welcome to the club! Glad people at work like the car...I get that from some people over here also.

Recently a M Roadster has been parking next to me @ work. Today my supervisor said..."Hey, Honda looks like they copied te M Roadster...why didn't you just get a M Roadster?"

Haha...I said:

1. Cheaper insurance
2. The car is cheaper
3. M Roadster has been around a long time (old style)
4. 1/4 mile performance is close

Vtec is a great feeling...kind of like a small turbo. It sounds crazy also.

Check out these videos:
http://128.200.136.49
Old 03-30-2001, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get used to people around you driving faster when they see you. I posted about this a few weeks ago. Seems like everyone thinks he's driving a Formula One car when he sees the S2000.
Old 03-30-2001, 04:58 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Yep.. they tend to box you in gawking at the car. I've had people in the lane beside me nearly tailend the car in front of them. What worries me is the one's behind me that don't have massive 4 wheel disks to help them stop so I tend to break loose and get up ahead and away from the crowd if I can.
Old 03-30-2001, 07:26 PM

Yeah -- what is it? Everyone wants to try and race against this car! The other day I even had a guy try to race me in an Alero (whatever that is). He floored it and beat me (barely) to the freeway on ramp several hundred yards from the light.

He must have been thinking his Alero was pretty cool; Too bad he didn't realize I was shifting at 5k through 1,2,3 and that racing him had never even crossed my mind. I swear I'm gonna' break 600 miles this weekend and have a good VTEC, though!

What is an Alero, anyway? Is that like a Buick or something?
Old 03-30-2001, 09:39 PM

Alero is an Oldsmobile. Nice cars - for my Grandpa!

I reached 400 miles today on mine. I can't wait until I hit 600 miles, so I can clobber practically every car on the road. 200 more miles to go. I'm not sure if I can hold off much longer. I logged about 100 miles today, just from driving around the city. I'm going on a week-long trip starting next weekend, without my stook I'm not sure if I'll be able to survive!! I've gotta go VTEC before I leave!!!

The stook is sweet. I just love it more and more every time I get in, and I haven't even dropped the top or VTEC'ed yet... Man I have a lot to look forward to!!!

Jason
Old 03-30-2001, 09:42 PM

welcome!this car is awesome! i am more in love each day! wait till you get to rev it up....it will be an even greater experience! trust me! as for attention....dont worry about it it will follow you around...which i love! picture our yellow as a big peice of cheese and all the rats who are staring at it b/c they want a peice! hee hee
Old 03-31-2001, 02:43 AM

The temptation to go fast while in break in period is hard to swallow.
Old 03-31-2001, 09:25 AM
Fed

Hey, hey, hey, don't make fun of Olds, I traded mine in For my S2K!!
Old 03-31-2001, 09:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Same problem here with riced out Civics & CRX's. Don't race them though, not worth the trouble. I don't need to prove the S2000 is fast, I know it's fast.

Quick Reply: The coolest thing