S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Corbeau Seats

Old 07-16-2005, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbeau Seats

does anybody have any expierence with Corbeau seats? I'm kind of in the market for some new seats. The leater on my OEM seats is looking pretty bad, at least on the drivers bolster, and was thinking some seats would make a pretty nice X-mas gift. I'm also looking forward to doing some DEs and Auto-Xs next year and would like somethign that holds a little better than the stock seats. Any expierence with this brand? Builld quality? Holdability(word?)? I guess I'm really just looking for some peoples opinion.

I was thinking about this model:
http://www.corbeau.com/products/fx1/fx1.shtml#

They seem to be priced pretty reasonabl.

Also, has anyone actually put these in an S2000? I know aftermarket seats can be pretty hit-or-miss as far as fitment because our cars are so small.

TIA

-Mike
Old 07-17-2005, 04:10 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check the Group Buy forum - there was a GB on Corbeaus a few months ago. I've sat in a like model of those Corbeaus before and they seemed like the kind of thing you'd put in an older VW or Neon just to have aftermarket seats. Our stock seats blow those things away in quality/"holdability". To get a really decent seat, that actually fits in the S2000 , you need to be prepared for the $1,000+ price range.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:33 AM

Received 427 Likes on 311 Posts

From what I see in the pictures, these seats don't seem very comfortable. They look thin and not very well padded. Just my opinion.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Walki600-

First off, are you in decent shape? -These seats are not very forgiving for those with "a few extra pounds"

How much time do you spend in your seat? I have some MOMOs like these, they're actually more comfortable than they look, but after about 45min I'm ready to get out.

These will definitely fit in an S2k, however, finding mounts that are decent will not be easy/cheap.

Good luck!