S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

DFW metro area group or events?

Old 10-17-2000, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in too. Let's do it. The sooner the better, I just got my car back after five days in the shop. (grind fixed and other warranty work).

Ready & waiting
Old 10-17-2000, 04:40 PM

The first couple times we met at a park in Arlington.
I would be up for that or something else local.

It would be fun.
Old 10-18-2000, 04:48 AM

I'm starting some discussions with Chris Thursday about club involvement. In the mean time let's try to do an informal drive or get together.
My first suggested location in Arlington is River Legacy Park. The park is located off of Green Oaks Road a few miles north of I-30 and a few miles to the west of Hwy 157 (N. Collins). As public parks go this is a good one with most folks interested in using the miles of paved trails (bike paths, jogging, roller blades etc.) In fact the park is well lit at night until close around 10 pm.
We should also come up with more centrally located destinations if interest shifts to the east. So far most of the respondants have been west of Hwy 360 however.
If you are interested please respond to this thread and we will post a new one for the day and time. Let's keep this thing going.
Old 10-18-2000, 06:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

DFW is home to hundreds of S2000
Old 10-18-2000, 06:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Svann, I am actually out in Plano, but don't mind driving out to Arlington every once in a while. Do we know if there are any good roads out near the park?
Old 10-18-2000, 09:51 AM

Clovis,
There are some sweeping turns and a few up and down spots in the Trinity River bottoms nearby. A backroad that parallels Hwy 10 behind Bell Helicopter has a few nice twists. Altogether nothing outstanding but I usually use these roads to bypass I-30 whenever the weather is nice. Green Oaks travels in a large arc not unlike Beltline from south to north ends of Hwy 360. Further west Randol Mill road runs along the river to Fort Worth past the Eastchase area.
For any spirited driving I generally head northwest to the area between Fossil Creek, Texas Motor Speedway, and Eagle Mountain Lake. I'm hoping others will share their favorite drives in the area and to the east (Dallas County).
Outside of the metroplex there are some good runs to the Lake Texoma areas and near the Red River (Whitesboro, Marietta, Arbuckles)

Stefan
Old 10-18-2000, 10:00 AM

one of the nicer short stretches i know of is just west of Lewisville going north towards Denton. i think it is FM407 for part of the way and State Highway 377 for the rest. you can get to it by exiting I-35E at FM407, heading out to the end, and taking a right.

FM1171 towards I-35W is also very nice out past Double Oak, though prone to policemen in my experience. ~
Old 10-18-2000, 05:26 PM

I am ready for a drive. Just let me know when & where.
Old 10-18-2000, 07:35 PM

Any future events planned at Motorsports Ranch? Chris and Paul did a great job putting together a very enjoyable track day last May.
Old 10-19-2000, 02:26 AM

Originally posted by svann:
Clovis,
There are some sweeping turns and a few up and down spots in the Trinity River bottoms nearby. A backroad that parallels Hwy 10 behind Bell Helicopter has a few nice twists. Altogether nothing outstanding but I usually use these roads to bypass I-30 whenever the weather is nice. Green Oaks travels in a large arc not unlike Beltline from south to north ends of Hwy 360. Further west Randol Mill road runs along the river to Fort Worth past the Eastchase area.
For any spirited driving I generally head northwest to the area between Fossil Creek, Texas Motor Speedway, and Eagle Mountain Lake. I'm hoping others will share their favorite drives in the area and to the east (Dallas County).
Outside of the metroplex there are some good runs to the Lake Texoma areas and near the Red River (Whitesboro, Marietta, Arbuckles)

Stefan

Svann:

I am moving back to the metroplex from Minnesota in November. What timing!!! Please keep me informed if you are having any type of get together

Quick Reply: DFW metro area group or events?