S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Dings/Dents

Old 10-03-2001, 06:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dings/Dents

Just out of curiousity, how many of ya'll have dents on your S2k? I've had my S2k since January, and I have no dents up to this point. But intstead, I have some slight scratches on my hood from rocks due to passing up some big riggs.
Old 10-03-2001, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats up HD! I have a 00blk/blk and i have a few scratches up the hood from rocks too. I don't want a CF hood but I don't know what to do So, what do you think HD? What should we do. I don't want to paint the hood, but........i don't know????
Old 10-03-2001, 06:39 PM

I have a 2001 and so far my car has been hit twice. The front bumper has a scratch that is barely visible, unless you come up close to it. The rear bumber has some paint chipping (leftside;but I'm going to get it repainted) and the right side has a scratch from some a-hole

oh yeah, the black (plastic looking piece) on the rear bumper has some scratches, due to the emergency break unlocking. The car ended up rolling down a small hill and hitting the curb below it. Luckily it didn't gain enough speed, if it had it would've went down the hill into some people's house at the base of the hill.

Nothing really major, I don't want to paint it just yet. Oh yeah, I have a small ding near the driver's door too. Probably going to get that fixed soon.

Still..unless you look for these imperfections, they are hardly noticeable.

Jaykkub
Old 10-03-2001, 07:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got 2 damn door dings on the driver side earlier this week. I had slight tears in my eyes as I drove away. I swear if I find who did, it won't be pretty.
Old 10-03-2001, 09:44 PM

you'd be surprised what the dent shops can do. The enemy of our cars is rocks and random flying doors.

I was driving down a road when a car passing by hit gravel and flung it up onto my driver's side door. I was extremely pissed off. One of the rocks left a nice dent. However I brought it to a place that fixed it for $50 and can't tell it ever happened. They use some special tools and reach behind the door from the window pane without taking off the door panel, and pop the dent out from the inside.

I've had some more horrible experience with gravel, and have just come to terms with it. Our cars will always be a honda, and by that I mean they ding easily. They use thin metal in body construction, and the paint is not very tough either. Whereas my past 3 bmws could be smacked and smacked over again by gravel and my perfectionist eye couldn't notice it.

I'm headed to see a paint guy tommorrow about more paint chips from gravel. I've already used the honda touch up paint, wet sanded, and used rubbing compound....but it isn't a matching color! the Honda touch up paint sucks.
Old 10-03-2001, 09:45 PM

Zero dd's (door dings) for me! thats cuz im sooo anal about where i park my car at school... im rarely between two other cars. as for rockchips i have a few cuz of trips to riverside. other than that my car is perfect!
Old 10-03-2001, 10:29 PM

Originally posted by bjechols
Whats up HD! I have a 00blk/blk and i have a few scratches up the hood from rocks too. I don't want a CF hood but I don't know what to do So, what do you think HD? What should we do. I don't want to paint the hood, but........i don't know????
I'd say just leave it, and don't let it get to you. I don't think its worth fixing it unless its really a big scratch or a dent. Like what Jaykkub says, its hardly noticable unless you look for em.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:38 PM

Originally posted by DJHohum
Zero dd's (door dings) for me! thats cuz im sooo anal about where i park my car at school... im rarely between two other cars. as for rockchips i have a few cuz of trips to riverside. other than that my car is perfect!
Hey wassup DJHohum, yeah I've seen where u park at school. I often park in the F lot, but most of the time I drive my big white Van. Just like you, I'm anal about my car. Thats why you probably don't see my car at all. From now on I'm just going to stay away from those big riggs on the freeway, like I should've in the first place!
Old 10-04-2001, 07:25 AM

Received 1,180 Likes on 908 Posts

HyperDimensions-

You're in SoCal. Call the Dent Wizard. They can do amazing things. You can go to them, but I always have them come to me. Four hour window, $125 for service call and first ding. Second ding usually free. Up to about eight dings for $200. As I'm writing this, DaRKCrow and my cars are in the parking lot of my office awaiting the Dent Wizard this morning. (800) DENTWIY. Look at your phone -- there is no button with a Z on it.
Old 10-04-2001, 07:49 AM

No dents or dings in my S2K, fortunately......knock on wood.

Actually one VERY minor ding.........unfortunately, I came home from work one day and opened the garage door to find the garage light bulb in pieces on the hood of my car. For some reason, heat or humidity or whatever, it broke on its own and fell on the hood leaving no scratch marks whatsoever but putting a pin-sized ding in the hood

I have a few very small scratches/chips on the nose from rocks , but otherwise in good shape.

21,300 miles and going strong!

Quick Reply: Dings/Dents