S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Driving me nuts: Spa Yellow brings on the ricers and friendly knocks!

Old 07-16-2002, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving me nuts: Spa Yellow brings on the ricers and friendly knocks!

I've had my 2002 Spa Yellow S2000 for almost 2 months. I love it. I love the performance. I love the color. I love the car.

However.....

I'm sick of people constantly trying to race me AND I'm sick of the 'friendly' jokes about how queers prefer yellow cars. Give me a break! I'm no homophobe, but this is starting to wear on me.

I got both of these types of comments within a mile of each other yesterday in Dallas. (And let's not start with the Texas-sucks garbage. This can happen anywhere).

A new Yukon with low-profile tires pulled up next to me honking his horn and gunning his engine. I had to ignore him while he persisted for several seconds, repeatedly honking and reving his new ride. He eventually left, only to be replaced by a black Trailblazer packed with male and female 20-something punks who were laughing and blowing kisses at me. I wouldn't have been offended except that the guys we the ones laughing and blowing the kisses. What a bunch of jealous dorks and pea-brains.

I got the Spa Yellow because I honestly think it is the best looking color available (no offense to the rest of you). It certainly stands out. But I get the stupid 'fairies drive yellow' comments from friends a little too often and I'm growing tired of the ability of this color to draw in the punks on the highway.

AARRRGGHHHH!
Old 07-16-2002, 10:26 AM

They're just jealous. You really think any of them wouldn't jump at a chance to drive your car. Besides, who really cares what others think. Screw em!!!!

BTW - I can say TX sucks cause I've lived there! j/k
Old 07-16-2002, 10:44 AM
Former Moderator

It takes a big man to drive a yellow car in a light pink tee shirt. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at me while i'm doing that.

Old 07-16-2002, 10:48 AM

Make sure you travel with a hot babe next to you. That alway's works.
Old 07-16-2002, 10:54 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I think you should install the Texas Hat rack (Reads Gun Rack) in back, this should slow them down some.

I would have never thought about this kind of resonse from anyone. Let me see, who does not sell a Bright Yellow car....Lincon....Cadilac....Buick... I guess thats is it.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:02 AM

The racing part is something we all experience -- every lamebrain in a 1987 Sentra seems to want to square off against me. Why do these people bother???
The yellow business -- well, I drive a New Formula Red. People probably just figure I'm going through a Mid-Life crisis or otherwise compensating!
Old 07-16-2002, 11:08 AM

It is my opinion that if I drove a yellow Z06 or a yellow Viper, people would leave me alone. Just last week, I saw a new yellow 911 Turbo and no one was trying to race him! Especially not me.

I think it has something to do with the fact that it is a convertible and a Honda. That seems less threatening than a Viper or a Porsche so they go ahead and act like idiots or toss out some gay remark. Morons.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:41 AM

Every car comes with an image stigma of some sort. Examples:

Camaro = driver robs 7-11s
Corvette = driver picks up waitresses and wears gold chains
Porsche = driver is an @sshole
Miata = driver is gay
Pontiac Aztek = driver is blind and/or insane

Needless to say, this message is meant in fun and I don't agree with any of these stereotypes.

Well, maybe the Aztek....
Old 07-16-2002, 11:53 AM

they just wish they can drive a s2000. i have a yellow s2000 and the only thing i hear is people say stuff like "bring daddy's car home" and stuff on that catogory. never got called any names over the color though. i like the color. there are some cars that look great in yellow and there some that don't. yellow is a sporty color and that is what our car is. just ignore the jealous punks and enjoy your cruise.
Old 07-16-2002, 12:07 PM

Just a question.....spa yellow is not available in canada in 2002 models....? right??

Quick Reply: Driving me nuts: Spa Yellow brings on the ricers and friendly knocks!