S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Driving Shoes for every day

Old 10-23-2008, 10:16 AM

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Driving Shoes for every day

I have become such a fickle about the shoes I wear while driving. I find it surprising how much impact the joy of driving is related to having the right shoes. You are really connected to your car with the soles of your feet and the palms of your hands. Shouldn't you have the best and most comfortable equipment?

My shoe story:
I purchased a cheap New Balance pair based solely on their thinness and breathability, because I knew I liked to feel the petals. This resulted in shoes that where horrible to walking in, but that was my second priority at the time. My 2 friends stopped with me by a shop one day and put these Sauconys in my hand, and said "buy these". I told them I didn't need new shoes and wasn't about to waste $50. They were comfortable, but no big deal. They insisted and just bought them for me, which I didn't even have to pay back. Two days later I was on their front door with money to repay them. My Sauconys got a tear and I tried to get them repaired with no success, they were about wore out (1-2 years old). I looked around for something similar, but was told they were out of style. I got some New Balance imitations after trying many brands. A week later they are in my trunk and I'm wearing the old Sauconys again. Give me ride in your S2K to show you really take driving serious and I might return my friend's favor to you

Why Saucony Jazz Rocks:
Padding: thin at the toe for feeling pedals. Thick but flexible in the arch for bending while pushing pedals. Thick, rigid, and soft at the heal for best shock absorption while walking.
Space: narrower heel, larger toe
Tread: flexible and not to grippy. Great for walking and even sprinting, but not to aggressive to conflict with pedals. Hop right out of a great heel-toe session and run down the parking lot like a proper biped! Yeah, I get strange looks alot.
Material: leather sides and nylon tops for breathability. Read: S2K heater fries your feet on demand.

Where you can get them:
Not sold in stores. A clerk told me they were no longer in style. I looked everywhere around here. I don't know any place to try them out, so you might have to take someone's word on them. Zappos has free returns if you don't like them.
eBay.com (ordered mine here)
Zappos.com

Don't be fooled by that weird thick-looking sole! That is the secret to their success, but they do get dirty quickly in white.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

nice.

i hate driving to work in my clunky dress shoes so i like to swtich to these

Nike Air Zoom Control II FS

being that ive played soccer so long, these are a natural pick for me. (i own 5 pair) and if you research them or look on www.soccer.com (Eurosport's website) you'll see there are many colors. I own red, yellow, teal, blue, and the white ones pictured. so i wouldnt spend the money if i didnt like them

Here is the new pair that just came out. yes they are hideous but still original!
http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.pro...oduct_Id=469221

They have a super thin sole for ball control when you play on an indoor count. When you roll the ball with the sole of your foot this is a necessity. They are Nike so they run kinda narrow but i dont tie them tight. For anyone looking to wear them beyond driving (so you dont have to change shoes as you get out of your car, Ive worn these as sneakers for about 2 years now. I shuffle my feet so the heels wear down. But, if you buy the nicer version (air zoom ) the insole is pretty comfortable (at least to me haha).

just my 2 cents. also mine arent cheap
Old 10-23-2008, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i keep these in the trunk of my car and wear them when i drive:

puma speedcats

-a
Old 10-23-2008, 10:39 AM

exactly! i keep at least 2 in my trunk as well.

i recommend those soccer shoes becuase theyre similar to the ones f23 posted without being racing shoes per se
Old 10-23-2008, 10:47 AM

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by suprmonky73,Oct 23 2008, 02:31 PM
Here is the new pair that just came out. yes they are hideous but still original!
http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.pro...oduct_Id=469221
Wow! You're not kidding.

I expected more practical comments, but if you really switch shoes everyday and enjoy it, it must be practical for you

It's kind of funny that the people who are very fit and play sports are never seen running anywhere in public, but always have flashy shoes anyway. I just suck at sports period. Unless hours walking at flea markets and malls count.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:58 AM

i have a pair tucked under my passenger seat that i pull out and slip on real quick.
im not a flashy kind of person but i like my car and my shoes to be original
Old 10-23-2008, 11:05 AM

I echo what is being posted. Indoor soccer shoes are the absolute BEST shoe for driving the S2K. You want a thin gum rubber sole, flexible and thin shoe and a light weight shoe. You also want a smooth heel so it doesn't snag on the carpet when you shift.

Here's my driving shoes:
Old 10-23-2008, 11:09 AM

Samba's FTW!!!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 For Puma Speedcats, they're great for driving but for walking around, they hurt my feet
Old 10-23-2008, 11:17 AM

sambas! classic to say the least

Quick Reply: Driving Shoes for every day