S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Egged! Grrr... How much work to fix?

Old 12-09-2001, 12:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Egged! Grrr... How much work to fix?

While visiting a friend's house last night, all three of the cars out front were nailed with eggs. Mine caught the brunt of the attack - three direct hits. The new Prelude got one and the Celica GT-S got one. There were a number of misses.

Apparently this is the third or fourth time this has happened in the past couple of months. A walk up and down the street revealed no other eggs, but plenty of good targets. Someone has something against my friend, apparently. Police say they can't do anything - won't even take a report!

I wiped off what egg I could (it had recently stopped raining) and washed the car as soon as I got home. As if my neighbors don't think I'm weird enough - washing my car at 4am in 45 degree weather...

Two hits caused damage to the paint - sort of burst/crack patterns where the eggs impacted. You can feel the damage with your finger. Does anyone know if this is a simple "buff it out" or will require repaint/expert touchup? Anything I can do to fix it myself?

"You don't f*** with a man's automobile. You just don't do it."
- John Travolta, Pulp Fiction

Many thanks,
- Chris
Old 12-09-2001, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel sorry for you, I truly do ... Hope you get to catch those friggin kids if not wrong and teach them a decent lesson, make them pay for their damages if not sue their parents away.

Old 12-09-2001, 02:12 PM

Thought I'd include this... argh...
Old 12-09-2001, 02:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to see this report. Where did this happen in Maryland?

My son's 91 Nissan Sentra was egged at college, but we didn't care much, since it's a beater. We soaked the dried egg with Zaino car wash and eventually it washed off -- took about 20 minutes of work, though.
Old 12-09-2001, 02:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rick Hesel
[B]Sorry to see this report.
Old 12-09-2001, 02:29 PM

ouch.. that really sucks.. I guess it could be worse though like a "slurpee dumped inside of your car, while parked with the top down.. "..

anyways.. I would ask the zaino guru's about this one.. maybe try the "wash and wax forum" ..

just my $.02

-simon2000-
Old 12-09-2001, 02:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what kind of damage does "egg" make?

besides the damage from the impact, does that liquidy egg damages the paint? as bird drops do to paint finishes?
Old 12-09-2001, 04:13 PM

Assuming that the egg is not left on the paint for very long, the bulk of the damage is the shell smashing which scratches the paint.

If the egg is left on the paint for an extended period (especially if in the sun), I would assume that it would eat into the paint.
Old 12-09-2001, 09:11 PM

Ouch. I got egged the day before Halloween -- got the stuff off in about 20 minutes, and it STILL etched the paint. I don't think it will buff out, either, though I've not been able to afford taking it to Rainbow (my body shop) -- being laid off is the pits.
Old 12-09-2001, 09:23 PM

Sorry to hear about your car. You may want to try getting some help from this great car care site:
http://autopia-carport.com/

Quick Reply: Egged! Grrr... How much work to fix?