S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

The Extras On The S2000!?!?

Old 03-27-2002, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Extras On The S2000!?!?

hey, Im trying to purchase an S2000 as close to the MSRP as possible. Well, I was down at the dealership, and all the new s2000 they get in, they add extra stuff to it to make the it about $10 grand more than the sticker price. I can understand putting tints and such, but who really cares about ground effects, spoilers, and etc. I REPEAT, the price is $10 grand more. Though the new sticker price has gone up to 44,000, I have talked the salesmen down to 35-36 grand. Do u think it is worth it to buy the S2000 w/ all the extras? I really want this rare car, and I am certainly not wealthy. Your thought please.
Old 03-27-2002, 03:55 PM

By the way, I also heard from people having problems with the audio system. Is it really as bad as they say? I've also heard numerous complaints regarding the low-end torque of the car. Many say from 0-40, it performs like a prelude? True or false?
Old 03-27-2002, 03:56 PM

well, i bought mine for 32,850 in South Dakota with pretty much none of those extras.. and you definitely do NOT see my complaining.. I guess when I bought it I wanted the least amount of extra bs cause I wanna customize it with my own personal touch. That's my stance on your situation.. Good Luck.. -Gage
Old 03-27-2002, 04:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mansfieldpro, you have unwittingly discovered the dealer shannanigan of not charging a market adjustment and just loading the car up with every option and then charging a huge markup on those goodies. Keep looking for a car that has the options you want, it's definitely out there. This dealer has found that he can no longer sham people out of the market adjustment and they have gotten creative about how to weasel more $$$ out of you....shameless, IMO.

Most people find the speakers to be pretty inadequate, but that should be far less of a problem with the new MY having the tweeters...

And as for 0-40, just dorking around driving...I think most owners will agree that you can stay well below VTEC and drive from a light and see traffic far behind you. It scoots around very nicely below VTEC...the car, IMO, has gotten a bad rap from people who have never driven one.

So, keep looking for your car, it's out there...and don't let the dealer scam you this way. Tell them you are looking elsewhere and kiss them a big sloppy kiss goodbye.

Let us know what you find!

Old 03-27-2002, 04:14 PM

Take a look into www.carpoint.com and see the reviews. Or check www.edmunds.com. If I were you (and I'm not) I would go to another dealer. They shouldn't be putting on anything extra on the cars unless a buyer wants them. Actually, I can understand the ground effects and spoilers, but not the "tints and stuff". $10,000 is a hell of a lot more than I would pay. They must want it to compete price to price with the Z3, TT and Boxster.
Old 03-27-2002, 04:38 PM

My dealer made it fairly simple. The car was sitting on the floor, because the intended purchaser was going through a divorce, and his lawyer advised him not to commit his money to a new car. I could have the car for the exact list price: $32840. Sold. The business manager made a polite pitch for extended warranty and a fancy finish protection service, but graciously accepted my refusal. As I said. $32840. Sold.
Old 03-27-2002, 04:43 PM

So a search of the threads in these forums. You can get a good deal if you're patient.

If you want, you can save a lot with an out-of-state purchase.

Good luck.
Old 03-27-2002, 04:54 PM

I know how "you all" Texans love Colorado so drive up here and look at our dealers. MSRP on quite a few. I bought mine at Ralph Schomp in Denver for that amount in less than a month aftr my deposit. They have been super. I have bought three cars from them in 9 months. My suggestion is to check the web sites and give a call. Last week RS had a red in the lot. Team Honda in Colorado Springs is another but have very little inventory. Another is Empire in Denver. Check them out.

http://ralphschomp.com
Old 03-27-2002, 04:59 PM

carpoint.com found me 2 cars within an hour of me for msrp, a full 12 months ago. Do not spend more than msrp.
Old 03-27-2002, 05:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pcloadletter
[B]carpoint.com found me 2 cars within an hour of me for msrp, a full 12 months ago.

Quick Reply: The Extras On The S2000!?!?