S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

has any1 else seen this?

Old 01-11-2006, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has any1 else seen this?

Got this email at my AOL account. Anyone else get one? Prize is a new Laguna Aussie-spec S2000. Think I really won? The copy reads pretty poorly, considering Australia is an English-speaking country. I could use a parts car, tho. Hmmmmmm.....

Dear xxxxxxx@aol.com ,
We are pleased to inform you about the release of the winner from HONDA CAR INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION PROGRAM in our store as the biggest of Authorized Parts Honda Dealer in Melbourne, Australia. The announcement of the grand prize winner is announced on the 29th December 2005 on Melbourne News Paper. You were entered as dependent clients with; Reference Serial Number: xxxxxxxx and Batch number xxxxxxxxx.
We tried to contact you by phone to this number 1-xxxxxxxxxxxxx, but not currently active. It was days, we wait your contact. If no respond of this notification we will cancel your winning. The canceled will be published on news paper on 15 January 2006 included new grand prize winner. Your email address, xxxxxxxxxx@aol.com , is registered in our order database with order number xxxxxxxx and attached to the ticket number: xxxxxxxxxx that drew the lucky winning number. If you feel as international customer please respond this email or contact the number above. If you are in Australia regional please come to the address above with print of this email.
All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from order numbers of people who had been ordered from our online store or directly come to our store and branch offices since 17 June 2005. Due to mixed up of some names and addresses, we ask that you keep this award personal, till your claims has been processed and your car remitted to you.

This is part of our security measures to avoid double claiming or unwarranted taking advantage of the situation by other participants or impersonators. You are contact our accredited agent for your claim.
Name: Mr Eric R Coffey
E-mail: honda.claimservice@aussiemail.com.au
ASTORIA HONDA CLAIMING SECURITY AGENCY
P: +61-3-861-000-41
F: +61-3-861-000-41
He is your agent, and responsible for the processing and transfer of your winnings to you. YOUR SECURITY FILE NUMBER IS xxxxxxxxxxx (keep personal). Remember, your winning must be claimed not later than (10 January, 2006).
You are required to forward the following details to help facilitate the processing of your claims and certificate which will facilitate the release of your winnings.
1. Full Names: ...............................
2. Residential Address: ...............................
3. Phone Number: ...............................
4. ID Card Number: ...............................

What do you think???
Old 01-11-2006, 04:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carloS2000,Jan 11 2006, 05:38 PM
What do you think???
Nigeria.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:43 PM

yeah, this is bad bad bad. Delete and stay away. Just like the nigerian scam mail. You give them your information and then they use it to steal your identity.... don't do it!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 04:54 PM

You have to love stuff like this! Think they'll try to get shipping money out of me? Just trying to figure out where the scam is. See, I'm vulnerable cuz I really did win a HUGE contest in '02 by just filling out an entry at the Bonjours Quebec tourist website: All expenses-paid, First Class (and I mean First Class!) trip to the Canadian Grand Prix with access BEYOND BELIEF, 4 days in Montreal including hanging out w/JV at his restaurant, Newtown, (he was in a bad mood) an autographed JV helmet, Couple days at the Frontenac in Quebec City, then several more days at an amazing hotel, the Manoir Richelieu, in Charlevoix. All ground transportation in a chauffered MB S500. Very nice indeed. Did I mention First Class San Francisco to Montreal & back on Air Canada? Tres bon! But yeah, I'm leaning toward Nigerians here myself...
Old 01-11-2006, 05:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, but that was a contest you applied for. This is supposed to be one you got entered for without your knowledge. Also:

The announcement of the grand prize winner is announced on the 29th December 2005 on Melbourne News Paper.
This is not grammatical English. And it does not specify *which* Melbourne newspaper this announcement was supposedly run in. Etc.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:24 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You'll know something's up when they ask you to send money.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:34 PM

Time to start inventing information. Have with 'em.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:40 PM

Correct there is no paper called Melbourne News.

I do not know of an ISP "aussiemail" although there was OZEMAIL.
The email domain for that particular dealer is @astoriahonda.com.au.
The name listed is not one of the key personell listed on the Honda website.

We do not get the Laguna colour here in Aus. We get Nurburgring Blue and Monte Carlo blue, Indy Yellow, Formula Red, Silverstone silver, Grand Prix white, Berlina Black.

No Australian phone numbers start with 1. Astoria Honda phone number is (03) 9579 1988. In Australia we generally do not put phone numbers in the format given in the email (see my format above).

I do not know what the ID card number refers to.

If you are in Australia regional please come to the address above with print of this email.
Was any address listed?

At any rate the competition had already closed by the time you made this post.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:49 PM

woops sorry - there are 1300 and 1800 phone numbers that a generally free call numbers.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:23 PM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude, you missed the deadline. You were suppose to claim your prize yesterday!! Are you crazy??

Quick Reply: has any1 else seen this?