S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Help

Old 04-13-2017, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I sold my hardtop to myflys2k " Nick " and he want the rear brackets that the pins go into behind driver and passenger seats , they are behind plastic covers and I have tried to remove them with no success .
The car sold to a guy from Alberta who is picking up the car this Saturday .I can't reach Nick as he mentioned 20 minutes would remove these well I have not found this . Any help and if there is step by step removal in a shop manual or on the site which I have not found I would sure appreciate and Nick will be bummed out if the car goes with brkt's cause I know these are no cheap to purchase . Thanks ahead of time for any help . Roshton
Old 04-13-2017, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this video shows how to install a hardtop. through the process the video shows how to get to the rear brackets. hope this helps.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow this would have really helped , I fooled around myself but seeing I sold the S and guy is driving 30 hours to pick it up did not want to force any panels and crack so just got home from hiring a body man to come to my shed as had no plates or insurance to drive to him , sure wish I had of seen this earlier . I had sold the hardtop prior to this and he wanted the brackets so just got them off before car is picked up . I thank you very much for your time . The best part of owning a S is the great people that are associated with them . Going to keep my eyes open if a deal comes my way I'll sure take a look , mine was GPW with black and red interior 31,000 klm's or roughly 18,000 miles in pristine condition . Like not come buy one like this again . I have looked at 370 Z but they seem to be a dime a dozen and depreciate so fast like 40% in 4 years and just don't have the following the S has . Enjoy your ride Roshton .
Old 04-13-2017, 06:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roshton
wow this would have really helped , I fooled around myself but seeing I sold the S and guy is driving 30 hours to pick it up did not want to force any panels and crack so just got home from hiring a body man to come to my shed as had no plates or insurance to drive to him , sure wish I had of seen this earlier . I had sold the hardtop prior to this and he wanted the brackets so just got them off before car is picked up . I thank you very much for your time . The best part of owning a S is the great people that are associated with them . Going to keep my eyes open if a deal comes my way I'll sure take a look , mine was GPW with black and red interior 31,000 klm's or roughly 18,000 miles in pristine condition . Like not come buy one like this again . I have looked at 370 Z but they seem to be a dime a dozen and depreciate so fast like 40% in 4 years and just don't have the following the S has . Enjoy your ride Roshton .

ya no problem man. if you get a chance to own another one, you should get another. I'm loving every minute with mine. this forum is also one of the best things that comes with owning a s2000.