S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Honda Can Learn A Lesson From BMW/MINI !!

Old 07-17-2002, 04:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Can Learn A Lesson From BMW/MINI !!

Remember when you ordered your S and then wondered where your car was? Well that is certainly not an issue when buying the new Mini Cooper. I have been able to track the ENTIRE production of this automobile from start to finish. Daily status codes tell me exactly where in the production line the car is. My Cooper is now built and is awaiting transport. I now can track the ships that bring the Minis to the US as well!!. I really have to commend BMW for hiring the marketing genius that put together such an OUTSTANDING website that allows you to know exactly where your car is at any given time. I would have been happy with half the info that BMW/MINI provides when trying to locate a Honda!! Really cool car and a BARGAIN at 16 grand stripped 21 grand LOADED!
Old 07-17-2002, 04:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Hey Convict,

Your valve cover is being completed. I'll give you a call when it arrives. BTW, I can't wait to see your new little mini hot rod.

James
Old 07-17-2002, 04:44 AM

Your a good man James!! BTW: who did you pay off to become a: GOLD MEMBER?
Old 07-17-2002, 05:29 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ex Con
[B]Your a good man James!!
Old 07-17-2002, 09:42 AM

That's pretty nice of BMW to give you all that info. I guess you get what you pay for. Customer service at BMW is better, but their cars usually cost a lot more (with the exception of the mini cooper).
Old 07-17-2002, 09:48 AM

It sounds like a fedex package being shipped.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BMW's customer service is da bomb! A standard of excellence I wish ALL car makers followed. You shouldn't have to be treated like crap when plunking down 5 digits of your hard earned money regarless of what it's for.
Old 07-17-2002, 12:44 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, I totally agree! Waiting sucks. Waiting AND not knowing anything about the status of your car SUCKS EVEN MORE!
Old 07-17-2002, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by cthree
BMW's customer service is da bomb! A standard of excellence I wish ALL car makers followed. You shouldn't have to be treated like crap when plunking down 5 digits of your hard earned money regarless of what it's for.
Not always true. My friend had scheduled an appointment for a 10:30 oil change and I brought it in because he was working. They told me that they would have to keep the car for the whole day. Boy was I pissed. It still took the stealership 2 and a half hours to finish the work. What is the point of an appointment?

They also scratched his window tint and blamed him because "the tint was illegal anyways". Finally when they agreed to fix it, they drove the leased car from San Fran to San Jose twice.

I will never buy a BMW or get it serviced at BMW of San Fran.

Lexus has very good CS.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:54 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You can track a PT Cruiser from beginning to your dealer's door, too. So what does that tell ya? When we ordered our PT, I tracked it for a little while and then I just got bored with it. When it comes, it comes. Just 'cause I knew that the car was on some car carrier somewhere between "Hicktown" and "Bushwackville" didn't heighten our purchasing experience any. But if it gives some folks the "warm fuzzies", I guess the marketing boys got their dimes worth.

Quick Reply: Honda Can Learn A Lesson From BMW/MINI !!