S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I bought a Heavily Modified AP1 Thinking it was Mostly Stock

Old 02-25-2019, 02:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Orjinal
What are you hoping to accomplish with seafoam?
Just maintenance. Keep carbon deposits down.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:38 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Dumb. Seafoam is bad, it is 2019 no one should be using it these days.

This isn't a POS direct injection BMW, you don't need to really worry about carbon buildup so long as the car actually sees redline once in a while.

Sincerely the owner of an AP1 with way more mileage than yours.
The following users liked this post:
99MCoupe (02-25-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 08:54 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Seafoam seems like a good way to wash the cylinders and potentially cause more problems then good.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OP: Let it be. Drive the car like it was meant to be driven. Don't worry. Be happy. Enjoy!

Last edited by 99MCoupe; 02-25-2019 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This was my car, Just seeing this thread.

I did not lie to the buyer, I answered all questions honestly. I had nothing to hide.

The turbo kit was literally sitting on my work bench next to the car when buyer came to look at it. Wheels and exhaust on the ground behind it. Vented hood hanging on the wall. Gauge Pillar pod was even on the soft top. All the parts were right there next to the car. Buyer found this car through a facebook page, where it was also listed in turbo form for 28,000 for almost a year and was bumped regularly. It was even recommended to the buyer by a mutual friend.

The car was sold at a steal of a price because I did not want to sit on it for another year, as I had when I was trying to sell it in turbo form.

You are not likely to have issues with the car unless you don't get it tuned. I specifically stated that there is only the Hondata Base map on the car currently from taking all of my mods off and while it is most likely safe, you should get it tuned.

As you can see by the valve lash and compression test, the car was well maintained. I also told you all of this while you looked at it. All fluids, including coolant, were changed yearly just because. Oil twice a year, spring and fall. Other than Coolant being Honda Blue, all other fluids were Amsoil. I lashed the valves every spring, and prior to selling. I always kept them on the loose side because Honda's have a tendency to tighten rather than loosen, too tight will cause mechanical issues. The car Also has AP2/K20 valve spring retainers and 4-port oil squirters. Again, I told you all of this and gave you all stock parts.

Compression and leak down tests on the regular. As you can see in the picture, I even numbered my plugs and coils because I am meticulous.

Many many locals know the car, know it had A+ quality parts and was well taken care of. I don't doubt this car would have sailed passed 100k with 550whp with just regular maintenance.

I also said to let me know if you had any issues with the car. You even came to me last week over a KPRO issue that I helped you resolve, not knowing about this thread or your displeasure. I told you about all the local S2000 owners and that there is a wealth of knowledge in the area. I said I'd work on the car if you ever needed it and recommended another local, Jake, who lives like 10 minutes from you. I even directed you to this forum for information.

I hope you Enjoy the car.

Last edited by ninetysixyenko; 04-20-2019 at 08:40 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ninetysixyenko:
Boostmaniac (04-21-2019), stewpitt (05-02-2019)
Old 04-21-2019, 05:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ninetysixyenko
This was my car, Just seeing this thread.

I did not lie to the buyer, I answered all questions honestly. I had nothing to hide.

The turbo kit was literally sitting on my work bench next to the car when buyer came to look at it. Wheels and exhaust on the ground behind it. Vented hood hanging on the wall. Gauge Pillar pod was even on the soft top. All the parts were right there next to the car. Buyer found this car through a facebook page, where it was also listed in turbo form for 28,000 for almost a year and was bumped regularly. It was even recommended to the buyer by a mutual friend.

The car was sold at a steal of a price because I did not want to sit on it for another year, as I had when I was trying to sell it in turbo form.

You are not likely to have issues with the car unless you don't get it tuned. I specifically stated that there is only the Hondata Base map on the car currently from taking all of my mods off and while it is most likely safe, you should get it tuned.

As you can see by the valve lash and compression test, the car was well maintained. I also told you all of this while you looked at it. All fluids, including coolant, were changed yearly just because. Oil twice a year, spring and fall. Other than Coolant being Honda Blue, all other fluids were Amsoil. I lashed the valves every spring, and prior to selling. I always kept them on the loose side because Honda's have a tendency to tighten rather than loosen, too tight will cause mechanical issues. The car Also has AP2/K20 valve spring retainers and 4-port oil squirters. Again, I told you all of this and gave you all stock parts.

Compression and leak down tests on the regular. As you can see in the picture, I even numbered my plugs and coils because I am meticulous.

Many many locals know the car, know it had A+ quality parts and was well taken care of. I don't doubt this car would have sailed passed 100k with 550whp with just regular maintenance.

I also said to let me know if you had any issues with the car. You even came to me last week over a KPRO issue that I helped you resolve, not knowing about this thread or your displeasure. I told you about all the local S2000 owners and that there is a wealth of knowledge in the area. I said I'd work on the car if you ever needed it and recommended another local, Jake, who lives like 10 minutes from you. I even directed you to this forum for information.

I hope you Enjoy the car.
I do not disagree with anything you are saying here here except the part of the car being turbo. I did not find out about this car from a Facebook ad, it was from a Craigslist ad which was shared on a Facebook SCCA page. Maybe there were obvious clues, but I had no idea. I did not know about the car from the "car scene" before I bought it. The car has been great so far, I've just had a radiator leak, which is not unexpected from an old car. And yes, thanks for helping out with the Kpro issue, it did work out after all.