S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

i feel like losing some weight, what should i do?

Old 02-26-2002, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i feel like losing some weight, what should i do?

i want to lose weight before gaining HP. we have an aluminum hood, how much could the C/F hood help? i am obviously gonna get new rims to help to lose weight, what would you guys reccomend? i am also thinking about mugen exhaust, does that lose HP along with being 12 lbs? i dont want to lose my stereo and air conditioning/heater (winters can be hell in indiana.) soo what other things could i do? and how much weight am i looking to put off?
Old 02-26-2002, 03:59 PM

"Ride the snake!" Takes lots and lots of amphetamines!

Oh, lose weight on the car?! Sorry, got me, but if you weigh a lot, amphetamines work!
Old 02-26-2002, 04:00 PM

A couple of obvious and easy things would be spare tire and tool kit. Then pull all the carpet out of trunk. Stereo would need to go and you can remove AC without removing heat. Take out the top motor.
Old 02-26-2002, 04:15 PM

ya, i have already taken out tool kit and tire. i think your right about the stereo, im sure i would be able to set my minidisk player and some small portable speakers in my passenger seat. and the ac is gonna go cuz i can take off the top . soo how much do you think i can lose with all that? and is the carpet really worth taken out?

and 1 other question

1 C/F hood compared to stock hood
Old 02-26-2002, 06:00 PM

what about a c/f dash and crap like that, is any of that shit out?
Old 02-26-2002, 07:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Honda Racer
ya, i have already taken out tool kit and tire. i think your right about the stereo, im sure i would be able to set my minidisk player and some small portable speakers in my passenger seat. and the ac is gonna go cuz i can take off the top . soo how much do you think i can lose with all that? and is the carpet really worth taken out?

and 1 other question

1 C/F hood compared to stock hood
The stock hood is +/- 14lbs. The lightweight CF hoods are +/- 12lbs. At $250+ per pound and weight is your only variable, it doesn't make much sense.

I recommend doing a search on this subject, we've beaten it to death, and there is a ton of good information most of us have probably forgotten by now. I am not recommending you do any of this, but here goes:

Everything in the trunk, EVERYTHING
AC
Stereo
convertable top and motors
The gunk under the carpet
License Plate Frame
Badges
Horn
Windshield Washer resivoir and plumbing
Exhaust heat shield

If you are spending money consider lightweight replacements for:
Exhaust
Header
Cat or Testpipe
Seats
Wheels
Rotors
Battery
Shocks (yeah right)

for the hardcore, there are vendors supplying lightweight:
Pulleys (not underdrive, just lightweight)
Flywheel
Pressure Plate
Driveshaft
Shift Knobs ( )
Valve Covers and other nick-naks

If you are really nuts, the metal bumpers unbolt in 10 minutes save mucho weight, and the bumpers covers might still stay on for a lap.

If you've just jumped off the deep end and are foaming at the mouth to save even more weight, look into lightweight bolts for everything!

Still not satisfied? Shave weight off the driver: dress lightly, use a lightweight helmet, drive barefoot, shave all your hair off, and diet. Remember Muscle weights three times as much as Fat! Lose both! (I am soooo kidding...)
Old 02-26-2002, 07:20 PM
Banned

Well, this is horsepower related.... but a good way to lose weight, as my friend Falon says, is to ride horses a lot
Old 02-26-2002, 08:07 PM

I hear there's a couple of steel girders attached to the botom of the body (called an X-bone frame chassis or something like that). I reckon all that steel must weigh a couple of hundred pounds at least. Get your cutting torch out and you could remove those puppies in no time.

This would be great for the stop light grand prix - not sure about corners though
Old 02-27-2002, 04:11 AM

A supercharger would be worth quite a few pounds, I'm sure.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:19 AM

changing the brakes over to light weight version will save a lot of weight... unsprung weight as well, which is more important than sprung weight.

Quick Reply: i feel like losing some weight, what should i do?