S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I've been quiet about this matter but I totaled my s2k three weeks ago...

Old 09-25-2011, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've been quiet about this matter but I totaled my s2k three weeks ago...

So approximately three weeks ago I totaled my s2k...some 98' Mustang decided it was ok to swerve into my lane while taking a turn therefore forcing me to lose control while trying to avoid a collision. The good news...I was left with two minor cuts on the head, no fractures or broken bones or surgeries needed. However, my car was totaled after spinning out and hitting a pole - - - severe rear driver side quarter panel damage. To add to the good news, Allstate Insurance took very good care of me...they paid me more than what I had originally purchased the car for so I wasn't too mad. In a sense I made a quick profit in return for a couple scars. The saddening part was letting go of my baby which I had spent more than a year looking for...she was pristine, had never seen rain, garage kept, and had 62k miles at time of purchase. To add to this gem, she had all red interior. She was a 2001 Ap1 Silverstone with All Red Interior. :/

The good thing is that I just purchased her resurrected form...another Silverstone with 58k miles and the car is practically brand new...meticulously taken care of - - - I had to jump on it especially since the interior was my all time favorite Red & Black.

I'm a die hard Honda enthusiast but more specifically an S2k enthusiast and now I can enjoy the thrill of owning/driving this gem of engineering once again.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:13 AM

When one door closes, a few more always open up... Glad you're happy with the new wife!
Old 09-25-2011, 12:33 AM

Glad to hear that you are fine, all the best man
Old 09-25-2011, 12:58 AM

Can I buy the red interior off you?
or is the car already gone?
Old 09-25-2011, 07:05 AM

glad to hear that you're okay, what happened to the mustang owner?
Old 09-25-2011, 07:34 AM

damn mustang!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just be happy you're okay...this isn't exactly the roomiest car. Nice to see you get another one. Stay safe.

Matt
Old 09-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Time to start autocrossing / tracking for some advanced car control skills. I can't tell you how many times someone else has done something dangerous that could have triggered a collision, but was able to get out of the situation by knowing exactly what my car could and couldn't do.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:53 PM

track time FTW!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:34 AM

clever lines...I AM GLAD WITH THE NEW WIFE! haha

thanks for the congrats and best wishes, I am very grateful that the pole hit my quarter panel for I was only 1 foot away from the impact. Maybe I'll post some pics later to show the damage. As far as the red interior or parting of the car, I would have been up for it if the insurance was hesitant or cheap with me but...the insurance took care of me so well that I had to give them the car instantly upon receiving their offer.

As for the Mustang, he fled the scene...it seemed like he was driving somewhere with his buddy in a truck behind him. Point is, they fled the scene as I spun out.

Auto Cross seems very appealing guys so don't tempt me haha. But I agree some time on the track may have helped the situation...I blame the horrible street with immense potholes for my loss of traction upon acceleration on the turn and when I lost control I let go of the gas avoiding the brakes...buuuuut from research it seems that I should have continued to gas the car to balance out the loss of control? However, I didn't I pressed the brakes to avoid the car in front of me and that's when I completely spun out.

Quick Reply: I've been quiet about this matter but I totaled my s2k three weeks ago...