S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   If you sold your S2K..... (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/if-you-sold-your-s2k-444/)

Strike 10-24-2000 09:55 AM

And you had numerous offers, some over MSRP would you take it? I'm curious because many people have jumped on the dealers for gouging, and not necessarily unfairly. Some of them have certainly lined their pockets. But if you sold your S2K and could get over MSRP would you take it? If so, how far over would you go? As high as the market would allow?

Pinky 10-24-2000 09:58 AM

It would have to be higher than I could get one in the same color and purchase the mods I have done to it so far. If it was higher than that sure!

Im in no rush to get rid of my car.

cdelena 10-24-2000 10:12 AM

I have had several unsolicited offers (MSRP and higher) but I am not interested in selling. If I was selling it would go to the highest offer and greater than MSRP would be just fine.

I am one that has no quarrel with dealers getting whatever they can for the cars. I always have the option to walk and know that the marketplace will regulate the price in macro terms. I accept that pricing anomalies will often happen in limited time/location circumstances and paid 1K over list for mine as a result.

I will usually try to buy at the lowest price and sell at the highest and so will all used (and most new) car dealers / brokers.

funcar 10-24-2000 10:21 AM

If this question would have come up a few weeks ago I would have sold it for less than MSRP.
But I like the car again. So I am with Pinky. If I sold it for enough to buy another one and some change left over sure.
Right now there is not another car I want.
Except maybe an M3 and those are hard to get right now.

bbsilver 10-24-2000 10:23 AM

The day I first drove my car up to the Bay Area from Santa Barbara County, I had an unsolicited offer of $50K. The South Bay Dealers (at least two dealership I called) were seriously gouging people w/ $10K+ markups, 6month+ waiting lists, and a $2K deposit. :D I didn't think I was going to get one, until I drove up to a dealer new Vandenberg AFB. They were rolling a shiny silver/red S off the truck. It was sold before they preped it... to me of course. :)

From what I understand, it is easier in the midwest to get one at MSRP.

VA S2K 10-24-2000 10:25 AM

Somebody would have to give me over MSRP for it considering I paid $34K ($29K after downpayment), have kept it in excellent original condition, and new ones in my area are going out the door for $35-37K. Plus, I love my S :D

Laird 10-24-2000 11:17 AM

I never second guess a profit. Would I sell my S2K at this point for a small profit???...I don't truthfully know. I would not, however, have any compuncture about receiving the highest amount I could if I were to sell.

LL

Jay Li 10-24-2000 11:20 AM

In St. Louis, both dealerships I talked to were selling at MSRP, a couple tried to gouge and their cars weren't being bought.

Jay

funcar 10-24-2000 11:25 AM

Originally posted by Jay Li:
In St. Louis, both dealerships I talked to were selling at MSRP, a couple tried to gouge and their cars weren't being bought.

Jay

That's it.
We should buy the cars in St. Louis and sell them in San Jose
Anybody got a big trailer?

Jay Li 10-24-2000 11:36 AM

Here's the plan: I'll get the cars, you ship and sell 'em, split it 50/50. Deal? We can give C3 a cut of it, and we'll put a sponsor banner on here. :D

Jay