S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

If you sold your S2K.....

Old 10-24-2000, 09:55 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

And you had numerous offers, some over MSRP would you take it? I'm curious because many people have jumped on the dealers for gouging, and not necessarily unfairly. Some of them have certainly lined their pockets. But if you sold your S2K and could get over MSRP would you take it? If so, how far over would you go? As high as the market would allow?
Old 10-24-2000, 09:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 91 Likes on 76 Posts

It would have to be higher than I could get one in the same color and purchase the mods I have done to it so far. If it was higher than that sure!

Im in no rush to get rid of my car.
Old 10-24-2000, 10:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had several unsolicited offers (MSRP and higher) but I am not interested in selling. If I was selling it would go to the highest offer and greater than MSRP would be just fine.

I am one that has no quarrel with dealers getting whatever they can for the cars. I always have the option to walk and know that the marketplace will regulate the price in macro terms. I accept that pricing anomalies will often happen in limited time/location circumstances and paid 1K over list for mine as a result.

I will usually try to buy at the lowest price and sell at the highest and so will all used (and most new) car dealers / brokers.
Old 10-24-2000, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this question would have come up a few weeks ago I would have sold it for less than MSRP.
But I like the car again. So I am with Pinky. If I sold it for enough to buy another one and some change left over sure.
Right now there is not another car I want.
Except maybe an M3 and those are hard to get right now.
Old 10-24-2000, 10:23 AM

The day I first drove my car up to the Bay Area from Santa Barbara County, I had an unsolicited offer of $50K. The South Bay Dealers (at least two dealership I called) were seriously gouging people w/ $10K+ markups, 6month+ waiting lists, and a $2K deposit. I didn't think I was going to get one, until I drove up to a dealer new Vandenberg AFB. They were rolling a shiny silver/red S off the truck. It was sold before they preped it... to me of course.

From what I understand, it is easier in the midwest to get one at MSRP.
Old 10-24-2000, 10:25 AM

Somebody would have to give me over MSRP for it considering I paid $34K ($29K after downpayment), have kept it in excellent original condition, and new ones in my area are going out the door for $35-37K. Plus, I love my S
Old 10-24-2000, 11:17 AM

I never second guess a profit. Would I sell my S2K at this point for a small profit???...I don't truthfully know. I would not, however, have any compuncture about receiving the highest amount I could if I were to sell.

LL
Old 10-24-2000, 11:20 AM

In St. Louis, both dealerships I talked to were selling at MSRP, a couple tried to gouge and their cars weren't being bought.

Jay
Old 10-24-2000, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by Jay Li:
In St. Louis, both dealerships I talked to were selling at MSRP, a couple tried to gouge and their cars weren't being bought.

Jay
That's it.
We should buy the cars in St. Louis and sell them in San Jose
Anybody got a big trailer?
Old 10-24-2000, 11:36 AM

Here's the plan: I'll get the cars, you ship and sell 'em, split it 50/50. Deal? We can give C3 a cut of it, and we'll put a sponsor banner on here.

Jay

Quick Reply: If you sold your S2K.....