S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I'm getting a Wednesday Car!!

Old 11-07-2001, 11:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I'm getting a Wednesday Car!!

Just got notified by my salesperson...the official "build" date of my S will be December 12th...a Wednesday!! What more could I ask for? I guess that means I'm guaranteed a good 10 extra horses to the wheels, right? All joking aside, I'm glad the moment is at hand. How much faith can I put in the 2-week shipping time from Japan, Inc.? My salesperson told me I might get the car before Christmas, but I won't be surprised if it's more like the first half of January. Also, I guess getting a convertible in the middle of winter is proof that I fit in with all of you nuts, right?
Old 11-07-2001, 11:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! You are going to love it. Hey we are all nuts for our little roadsters!!
Old 11-08-2001, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just remember, when it's Wednesday here, it's already Thursday in Japan.
Old 11-08-2001, 05:56 AM

I never thought the day of the week mattered with a Honda?

Don't they treat everyday like its the last day of the rest of their lives??
Old 11-08-2001, 06:36 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Station...yes, you fit in with us Chi-town whackjobs nicely. I know a lot of us got our S2000's in the dead of winter...and I drove it off the lot with the top down...! I was like this ---->

Make sure you come out for our VOTA Racing meetings in the city. We had one last night and a lot of important beer...err, I mean business, was discussed. Watch the Meets and Events forum for upcoming "meetings."

Congrats on the car...!

Old 11-08-2001, 07:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Station
[B]Just got notified by my salesperson...the official "build" date of my S will be December 12th...a Wednesday!!
Old 11-08-2001, 08:23 AM

Station,

Congrats on your order...

Are you also getting yours from Elk Grove H?

In any case, you will love it! I can't stop driving mine...
Old 11-08-2001, 09:36 AM

Jalbrah,

Yes I did!! Blair Morrow!! I put a deposit on it on October 19th, the day I went to see your #303 on the showroom floor. I loved the new silver so much, I gave them a check right then and there. I also cancelled my order for a Silver/Red at another dealership (been waiting since August 1st, and I don't like the new all-red interior). Of course, it will be MSRP with no forced options

And yes...I will love it!! My GF rented me one for a day in Vegas. It was, hands-down, the best car I've ever driven. Everyone else...thanks for the support!
Old 11-08-2001, 09:42 AM

Originally posted by lvs2k
Just remember, when it's Wednesday here, it's already Thursday in Japan.
Yes, true, but the 12th in Japan is a Wednesday, just like it is here

Dogman,

You're not supposed to remind me this is a Honda...just let me believe my car will be better!!LOL
Old 11-08-2001, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by Station
......How much faith can I put in the 2-week shipping time from Japan, Inc.? My salesperson told me I might get the car before Christmas, but I won't be surprised if it's more like the first half of January. Also, I guess getting a convertible in the middle of winter is proof that I fit in with all of you nuts, right?
Can't speak for wintertime delivery, but this summer my June 20th build date translated into a July 27th delivery date. But that included time to ship the car across country from San Diego to Michigan. You're a lot closer to port, so maybe?!?!..... Regardless of the wait, it WILL be worth it. Glad to have another "nut" amongst us

Quick Reply: I'm getting a Wednesday Car!!