S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   I'm a New Owner What to Change/Check/Replace First? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/im-new-owner-what-change-check-replace-first-1020648/)

Themikewoo 05-21-2015 02:49 PM

Added mud flaps link.

Do you guys think the structure of my post is easy to read? Any suggestions?

slalom44 05-21-2015 04:05 PM

I think this thread has great info on what you should look for and be aware of, but your list of stuff you should do is quite intimidating for a potential buyer. They could decide to buy a car with a smaller to-do list. If a car is well maintained and serviced, most of these things are unnecessary and many others can be addressed over time.

The S2000 is a reliable, well built car and anyone buying one shouldn't look at it as requiring more prep and maintenance than any other car. It doesn't. For me, this car has been extremely reliable and maintenance costs per mile have been lower than any other car I have owned. Most owners today did not buy their car new and didn't go through everything when they bought it. My advice is to be aware of these concerns and use common sense. If buying any car with an unknown history you should be more cautious.

Themikewoo 05-22-2015 08:21 PM

Some solid advice. Thanks for posting.

Themikewoo 07-14-2015 07:07 AM

Added link to floor jack DIY.

Themikewoo 07-18-2015 04:37 PM

Added OEM Radio Code Finder.

THE REAL DEAL. 10-19-2015 03:08 PM

very help full information specially with the pvc roof.

THE REAL DEAL. 10-19-2015 03:11 PM

very use full information

Duffer 04-29-2016 02:55 PM

My baby (Blanca) was delivered with 4 miles on the odo on May 23rd, 2001. I've never done anything except the Honda recommended maint. schedule. She's 15 with 85K miles and she still turns heads and will ruin the day of many a would-be go-faster on the street.

The best modification I've made to her in almost 15 years now, was a product which I bought from a forum member. It is a set of dividers that go into the "Glove box" next to your right shoulder. The whole thing went together like an old egg crate and fit PERFECTLY in the space. Just the pressure on installing it held everything together. AMAZING.

I'm sorry, but I don't remember the member I bought it from. Maybe some of the other ol'timers can remember. Heck, he might still be selling tit. If he is, do yourself a favor and get your hands on one of the most satisfying mods you'll ever make to your S car.

It doesn't sound like much, but having 6 (count'em, 6) little compartment to organize all your little bits and pieces that you HAVE to carry with you instead of just one big gaping hole to lose your stuff in, is something you'll enjoy at least once a week from now on out.

Drive organized: Steve

cosmomiller 04-29-2016 06:08 PM

Modifry has them. $20. Great stuff. Got that, his elastic top straps, and DCI interface for a new headunit so I could use the dashboard remote.

Themikewoo 05-22-2016 08:43 AM

Added Setting the clock