S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Insurance Help

Old 12-28-2016, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This entire situation could have been avoided for as low as $30: DASH CAMERA!

Insurance companies are asshole(even yours). They may have "sweet speaking" reps but they want to gouge you as much as ****ing possible. Stay on their ass and stay on the case. Make sure they speak with the witness. Go back to the scene and see if there are any restaurants,traffic cams,etc. in the area that may have recorded the incident. If they keep pushing that it's your fault go see a lawyer. Do not sign anything. Do not give them money for anything.

After this has been resolved go buy a decent dash cam, preferably front and rear. Always make sure it's recording. Good luck.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:46 AM

I also just realized I have a police report receipt. It includes a brief description of the accident and it says that the kid came around, lost control, and struck my vehicle. I have picture evidence of the rear of my car being damaged. And also a picture of the tracks of each car and it clearly shows we were both traveling in the same direction and lane. This seems like a simple rear-end accident. You guys think I can make a case with what I have? I mean the insurance wants the words of the police officer, the pr receipt clearly says the kid struck my car because he lost control.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:09 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default File a Claim

Regardless of the information available, I would definitely file a claim with your insurance company. If the damages to your S are high enough to total the car, you will want both your insurance company's appraisal in addition to the other driver's insurance. I purchased my S after my RX8 was totaled in an accident. Fault was not in question, but the other driver's insurance company calculated the "value" of my car differently than my insurance company. The difference was about $1700. Needless to say, I accepted my insurance company's settlement.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:57 PM

What's the current situation?
Old 03-15-2017, 09:02 AM

This is a thread from 2016 buddy
Old 03-15-2017, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

End of Dec 2016. Only 3 months buddy.
So what happen? Still in progress?

Last edited by AngryTurtle; 03-16-2017 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Off topic
Old 04-18-2017, 08:47 AM

UPDATE: So I ended up taking the driver to court. Without giving out too many details, I won the case and was awarded the money for the damages caused to my car. It took 5 minutes to explain my situation to the judge and he ruled it in my favor. So it's all good now. Btw, I'm looking for a replacement s2k now!
Old 04-18-2017, 04:32 PM

Received 127 Likes on 92 Posts

Glad it worked out!
Old 04-19-2017, 06:22 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

Cool. Good for you.

Was this small claims court? There is a damage award limit, right? Was it enough to cover your losses?

Any tips you can share about small claims court experience?

Mine is make triple sure you bring duplicate copies of each and every receipt for anything you are claiming. When the judge asks for a receipt, hand him his copy of the whole pile of them, not just the one he asking about now. Otherwise you might miss your chance to talk about the other losses, and you'll miss your chance to get those other receipts considered in your award. What you claim in damages in your filing doesn't matter, only the receipts you give judge in court do.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Cool. Good for you.

Was this small claims court? There is a damage award limit, right? Was it enough to cover your losses?

Any tips you can share about small claims court experience?

Mine is make triple sure you bring duplicate copies of each and every receipt for anything you are claiming. When the judge asks for a receipt, hand him his copy of the whole pile of them, not just the one he asking about now. Otherwise you might miss your chance to talk about the other losses, and you'll miss your chance to get those other receipts considered in your award. What you claim in damages in your filing doesn't matter, only the receipts you give judge in court do.
Yes, small claims. I think the limit in PA is around $12k so it was more than enough.

What you said about the copies is dead on. I made sure I brought copies for everyone involved. Respect to the judge and humbleness goes a long way too. And make sure to bring receipts, every single thing you can think of counting because the judge may award you on some costs and nothing on others.

Quick Reply: Insurance Help