S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Just want to thank S2ki

Old 08-21-2010, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just want to thank S2ki

I am not sure if this is the right forum category for a shout out but I would just like to thank everyone on this forum who provide great insight for ownership of this wonderful sports car. I feel like this is the forum where it will get the most viewing.

There are countless threads that provide an immeasurable service to all of those who own an S2000. I am on my second S2000 now. The first of which I purchased from a fellow forum member that I found on this forum. The help that I have found on this forum plays a large part of the fact that I continue to own an S and work through some of the faults of the car, and yes it does have some at least from the perspective of a daily driver. I have found detailed threads on everything from changing my own air filter to various fluid changes, stereo help, detailing and most recently reattaching my rear view mirror. Some of the threads may seem only mildly interesting at first but may in fact prove very helpful to someone even YEARS later. Also thanks to this forum I was able to get in touch with Joe from JPM who replaced my top after it was slashed.

The seat locks that I purchased from the forum give me an infinite amount of peace of mind and security. I have simply been put in touch with some of the best people here and have met some great people though the S2000 meets. This is a truly great group of people as a whole and I consider it one of the best aspects of ownership.

Thank you to all the people who take time out of their day to take detailed pictures and post excellent DIY writeups for people who would otherwise feel too intimidated to undertake such tasks on their own. I hope that this community continues to grow. I have learned a great deal about my car thanks to these people and the wealth of information that continues to amaze me. Thank you everyone! S2ki is the best! Cheers.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:02 AM

Edited to save myself from further embarrasment!
Old 08-22-2010, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by nofearofdanger,Aug 22 2010, 12:02 AM
Purchase membership to show your appreciation then.
This is not one of the helpful additions I was alluding to.

I have purchased membership in the past and likely will again.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:16 AM

Right out of the gate you get a reply like that....

I agree with you 100%

This forum has an endless supply of information concerning our cars and even all vehicles as an entirety.

I've yet to see any car forum come close.

This is definitely a community (I can't call it a forum anymore) that I will keep returning to years after I sell my S (If I do).
Old 08-22-2010, 03:18 AM

I'm not disagreeing with you, in fact I agree with every point that you have stated. Although it's nice that you decided to make a thread about how great this site is, I think membership really shows your appreciation. Don't take it personally.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by nofearofdanger,Aug 22 2010, 06:18 AM
I'm not disagreeing with you, in fact I agree with every point that you have stated. Although it's nice that you decided to make a thread about how great this site is, I think membership really shows your appreciation. Don't take it personally.
FYI, he has been a member for almost 7 years...

I'm sure he has contributed more to this community than money.

Back to topic
Old 08-22-2010, 06:42 AM

No doubt. As I said, I completely agree with everything he's said Apologies if I've managed to offend.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:59 AM

i agree with everything as well. i'm just a little sad that i couldn't get my car earlier so i could actually go to meets and meet some of the older members. it seems like as the car gets cheaper and finds itself in the hands of teens and ricers, the nonsense on the forum also increases...so many trolls and flaming going on now..it definitely wasn't like this 2 years ago.

hopefully things don't get any worse and maybe we'll even have new members who will also contribute and be a part of this awesome community.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:03 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

well i just bought my member ship!!
Old 08-22-2010, 08:35 AM
43!

me too, i did it only for the hotties forum

Quick Reply: Just want to thank S2ki