S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Looking for a luggage rack

Old 07-20-2017, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a luggage rack

I am going on a trip shortly and want to find a luggage rack for my s2k, but all have a 2 week plus delivery time. anyone maybe know who has one in stock? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by rocking chair; 07-20-2017 at 04:45 PM. Reason: no longer needed
Old 07-20-2017, 07:47 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Surco Trunk Luggage Rack, Surco Trunk Rack, Deck Rack
Surco Trunk Luggage Rack, Surco Trunk Rack, Deck Rack
ships next week.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:39 PM

Received 1,562 Likes on 928 Posts

I purchased the same SURCO rack as Mr AZS2Dancer. I modified mine (and his too!) with oak slats to keep stuff from slipping though and making contact with the trunk. Not a big deal if you have something stiff.

It takes less than 5 minutes to put on and less than a minute to remove. I put a little packing tape on the outside edge of the trunk lip in case the brackets shift. I don't have marks on the paint so far. I have used it on several long trips. Wish I could show you pics but Photobucket failed. I was even able to put my rear flat tire on the rack and drive all day to get home. My trunk was full and had my wife so there was no other place to put it.

Great for tents/chairs and bulky items.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:59 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I love the oak slats that Mr Cosmomiller made for my (and his) Surco rack. I used mine to haul the beach chairs when we went to Homecomming III. We got our two suitcases and an extra bag each in the trunk. I padded the clamps with anti-slip pads cut to fit. Only small marks were left afer leaving the rack on for several weeks. They washed right out, easily. I concur, it's easy on and easy off.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:41 AM

Received 1,133 Likes on 996 Posts

Every time I used one of these it rained! Forget luggage. Just use the trunk/boot as a large, inconvenient suitcase and pack in cloth shopping bags.

-- Chuck
Old 07-21-2017, 07:15 AM

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts

Hey Cos, good idea on the packing tape on the outside edge of the trunk lip.
If your PB is open to all to see you can just post the link to the pic's you want to display.
Something like this 2010 Fall drive we did

Fall 2010 Drive by Rod Rounds Photobucket

ROD
Old 07-21-2017, 09:22 AM

Received 1,562 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Every time I used one of these it rained! Forget luggage. Just use the trunk/boot as a large, inconvenient suitcase and pack in cloth shopping bags.

-- Chuck
Never rains in California, LOL!
I purchased, at Costco, a large black zippered carrier top bag just to keep stuff dry that might go on the rack but have never used it. The stuff I put on it is not critical if it gets wet: tent, wheel, chairs, etc.

Will look further into PB or Flickr.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Back in the day I searched for a rack and lucked out finding a ANIB Classic Carrier black luggage rack w/black leather straps. Old school styling and utility....I love it!

Don't know what you did/found for your earlier trip but for the long term If you can find a used one of these in decent condition, jump on it!

Old 08-28-2017, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine from Boot-bag. It's the black one, I leave it on my car all year round and I don't garage the S currently. Rack holds up great! No rusting, and doesn't damage my paint. Great price too
Old 08-30-2017, 12:58 PM

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Short
I got mine from Boot-bag. It's the black one, I leave it on my car all year round and I don't garage the S currently. Rack holds up great! No rusting, and doesn't damage my paint. Great price too
+1 for the boot bag. here's the link. I've used it for a couple trips. easy to put on and off. the bag is sturdy. here's the link: Car Luggage Rack | Car Boot Rack | Convertible Luggage Rack

Quick Reply: Looking for a luggage rack