S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Need help w/ Supercharger!!!

Old 06-05-2002, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help w/ Supercharger!!!

Im planning to get a Comptech or Vortech supercharger for my car but i want to know how fast can it run under normal boost? And what kind of supercars can I run against or beat? I need some info so I can decide whether it is worth the $4500 if i were to spend on it. Thanks if yall could give me some suggestions.
Old 06-05-2002, 01:22 PM

As for what 'supercars' you could beat with a supercharger alone... that's easy none.
Old 06-05-2002, 01:25 PM

Comptech kit with nothing else runs low 13's.
Old 06-05-2002, 01:29 PM

HTownScene,

Vortech looks like it is more bang for the buck, but no one has installed the kit yet...so you will be the test subject.

At the risk of frying your drivetrain...I suspect a good driver could pull a really low 13 with a vortech/comptech supercharged S2000 at the drag strip.
Old 06-05-2002, 02:06 PM

This is a funny game we play..... would you just get an S/C??? Dont think so... Its just another excuse to get guages and a Fuel/Air/Vtec computer... So the expense is not just 5K agreed all? Speaking of S/C's.. does anyone have an alcohol injected aftercooler for Comptech? Everyone seems to be making a stink for the vortech aftercooler... just a question.
Old 06-05-2002, 02:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No
Yes
No

Old 06-05-2002, 08:49 PM

hey man, go turbo, duy and i goin' turbo, i heard you can get a manifold from rev hard for about $500 and the rest you can build for under $3000. done it before and doin' it again. only problem is high compression so limited to 5 psi, but it will be an ass kickin' 5 psi. you get better low end torque with turbo and that cool blow off swish, remember? wait til you see my tail lights with the hazards on
Old 06-05-2002, 09:16 PM

Chris, I heard there are some peeps that are going to build their own turbo kit,but Im worried it is not going to be as clean as the vortech or comptech kit. One of my main concerns is the supercharger doesnt produce that much torque. You do know that Drag also has a kit for the S2000 for about $4500 i think, but i might be wrong. But If I could build a turbo kit for 3Ks then it will be a great deal, but Im just scared of the hassle with the fitment, piping, and reliability. I just dont wont to mess up a brand new car.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:06 AM

Originally posted by HTownScene
Chris, I heard there are some peeps that are going to build their own turbo kit,but Im worried it is not going to be as clean as the vortech or comptech kit. One of my main concerns is the supercharger doesnt produce that much torque. You do know that Drag also has a kit for the S2000 for about $4500 i think, but i might be wrong. But If I could build a turbo kit for 3Ks then it will be a great deal, but Im just scared of the hassle with the fitment, piping, and reliability. I just dont wont to mess up a brand new car.
That's why the Vortech and Comptech units are priced the way they are. You are also paying for cost associated with the Research & Development. They spent alot of time and money testing these kits before they hit the street(hopefully). All in all, both S/C kits are worth the money.

Yes, I've taken some wicked rides in Wesmaster's car that have led me to the dark side.
Old 06-06-2002, 07:18 AM

Originally posted by chris2k
...limited to 5 psi...
Why waste the money? That's just not gonna cut it.

Quick Reply: Need help w/ Supercharger!!!