S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   Need your help found a s2000. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/need-your-help-found-s2000-1187176/)

rwds2k 08-07-2018 01:13 PM

Need your help found a s2000.

.https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...6c00058335.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...906dc92d28.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...5a4169e176.jpg

Hey guys so above I found a red s2k with 10 matching vins, and the VIn of the engine is matching to make 11. Is it possible that the front vin is matching but the bumper does not look OEM so how is that possible? Sorry newb s2k buyer here so is it possible that the front vin does not have anything to do with the bumper? Or is it something fraudulent going on that he replaced the bumper and attached the vin sticker to it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hfreak 08-07-2018 03:54 PM

This car has been messed with, it has an AP2 exhaust or at least tips, missing the rear tow hook cover, no under tray in the front and the plate is not mounted to the tow hook entry? The bumper has been fitted with EK style fog lights, that is the reason it looks different but it does have the AP1 bumper cover.
If you are interested then I suggest a PPI from someone that knows the S2000. Good luck.

rwds2k 08-07-2018 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Hfreak (Post 24497364)
This car has been messed with, it has an AP2 exhaust or at least tips, missing the rear tow hook cover, no under tray in the front and the plate is not mounted to the tow hook entry? The bumper has been fitted with EK style fog lights, that is the reason it looks different but it does have the AP1 bumper cover.
If you are interested then I suggest a PPI from someone that knows the S2000. Good luck.

That is weird. I will pass on this then. How does it have the correct vin on a different bumper isn't that weird?

NNY S2k 08-07-2018 05:15 PM

Like Hfreak said....it does have the stock bumper.
Levi

rwds2k 08-07-2018 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by NNY S2k (Post 24497392)
Like Hfreak said....it does have the stock bumper.
Levi

Ahhh okay now I understand. Sorry about that thanks for clarifying. Even though all Vins matched, clutch was extremely hard, and it had a major rattling noise which literally makes the battery of the car shake and even the whole right fender.

I will definitely wait until I find a cleaner one with less red flags. Even though I want a s2k badly, I rather be patient and get one with less issues.

GuthNW 08-07-2018 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by rwds2k (Post 24497399)
Even though I want a s2k badly, I rather be patient and get one with less issues.

Good plan. Wanting a car too badly sometimes leads to purchasing a bad car. Don't let this happen to you and you'll be happier in the long run. Sooner or later you will manage to find what you're looking for.

Kyle 08-07-2018 10:20 PM

My best guess is the car was modded and hastily returned to stock. No idea why the undertray would be missing but the AP2 exhaust was probably just them buying the cheapest stock exhaust they could find after selling their sick Invidia N1s....When cars are missing pieces like that I can only imagine how many bolts and fasteners are missing....I'm super anal about that stuff and definitely don't like open bolt holes etc...Not sure how they have that front plate mounted on there...not sure I wanna know. Front bumper looks crooked...maybe it's just the lighting and angle but on the passenger side it looks like the bumper is recessed inward where it meets the fender and under the headlight whereas on the drivers side it looks like it's pushed out more....

I have no problem buying a modded or previously modded car, but the amount/quality of care that went into the mods or removal and replacement of them with stock parts is what really shows how well the car was cared for and a lot about the owner. I was watching Obsessed Garage on youtube when he was putting the Stoptech trophy kit on his car. The stock brakes had been removed once already and the only way they were able to tell was by the cut dust shields, and even then whoever cut them did a good job of it so it was nearly impossible to tell. If a car has been modified and returned to stock in such a way that you could never tell it's clear the owner cared about the car and retained all of the stock parts.

Gotta ask, what's the mileage and how much were they asking?

rwds2k 08-07-2018 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by GuthNW (Post 24497427)
Good plan. Wanting a car too badly sometimes leads to purchasing a bad car. Don't let this happen to you and you'll be happier in the long run. Sooner or later you will manage to find what you're looking for.

Yes I will definitely do that. I rather wait like you mentioned, and feel great about the vehicle. No one wants to get a car right away, then deal with horrific problems day by day!

Originally Posted by S2kys (Post 24497435)
My best guess is the car was modded and hastily returned to stock. No idea why the undertray would be missing but the AP2 exhaust was probably just them buying the cheapest stock exhaust they could find after selling their sick Invidia N1s....When cars are missing pieces like that I can only imagine how many bolts and fasteners are missing....I'm super anal about that stuff and definitely don't like open bolt holes etc...Not sure how they have that front plate mounted on there...not sure I wanna know. Front bumper looks crooked...maybe it's just the lighting and angle but on the passenger side it looks like the bumper is recessed inward where it meets the fender and under the headlight whereas on the drivers side it looks like it's pushed out more....

I have no problem buying a modded or previously modded car, but the amount/quality of care that went into the mods or removal and replacement of them with stock parts is what really shows how well the car was cared for and a lot about the owner. I was watching Obsessed Garage on youtube when he was putting the Stoptech trophy kit on his car. The stock brakes had been removed once already and the only way they were able to tell was by the cut dust shields, and even then whoever cut them did a good job of it so it was nearly impossible to tell. If a car has been modified and returned to stock in such a way that you could never tell it's clear the owner cared about the car and retained all of the stock parts.

I have seen Obsessed garage, really loved that black s2k CR that he sold! You are right, I am definitely going to wait to get a car that not only matches all 10 Vins + engine vin, but looks intact as well without red flags. It had 126k miles, and it was 12,800+ tax but I talked them down to 9,000 OTD all cash. Still glad I didn't buy it though.

Gotta ask, what's the mileage and how much were they asking?

rwds2k 08-07-2018 10:55 PM

I have seen Obsessed garage, really loved that black s2k CR that he sold! You are right, I am definitely going to wait to get a car that not only matches all 10 Vins + engine vin, but looks intact as well without red flags. It had 126k miles, and it was 12,800+ tax but I talked them down to 9,000 OTD all cash. Still glad I didn't buy it though.

Sorry my post ended up going inside of your quote S2kys.

MrFunk 08-08-2018 05:03 AM

Matt sold his car BTW.
Glad you passed on that one OP - it looked rough to me. If it had massive vibrations then even more reason to pass.
Keep looking - good luck in your search.