Need your help found a s2000. - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > General Interest > S2000 Talk
Reload this Page >

Need your help found a s2000.

S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Need your help found a s2000.

Reply

 
 
 
Old 08-07-2018, 01:13 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Need your help found a s2000.

.



Hey guys so above I found a red s2k with 10 matching vins, and the VIn of the engine is matching to make 11. Is it possible that the front vin is matching but the bumper does not look OEM so how is that possible? Sorry newb s2k buyer here so is it possible that the front vin does not have anything to do with the bumper? Or is it something fraudulent going on that he replaced the bumper and attached the vin sticker to it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
rwds2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:54 PM
  #2  
 
Hfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 1,997
Thanked 74 Times in 73 Posts
Default

This car has been messed with, it has an AP2 exhaust or at least tips, missing the rear tow hook cover, no under tray in the front and the plate is not mounted to the tow hook entry? The bumper has been fitted with EK style fog lights, that is the reason it looks different but it does have the AP1 bumper cover.
If you are interested then I suggest a PPI from someone that knows the S2000. Good luck.
Hfreak is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hfreak For This Useful Post:
rwds2k (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 04:37 PM
  #3  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Hfreak View Post
This car has been messed with, it has an AP2 exhaust or at least tips, missing the rear tow hook cover, no under tray in the front and the plate is not mounted to the tow hook entry? The bumper has been fitted with EK style fog lights, that is the reason it looks different but it does have the AP1 bumper cover.
If you are interested then I suggest a PPI from someone that knows the S2000. Good luck.

That is weird. I will pass on this then. How does it have the correct vin on a different bumper isn't that weird?
rwds2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:15 PM
  #4  
 
NNY S2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Plattsburgh, NY
Posts: 22,701
Thanked 48 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Like Hfreak said....it does have the stock bumper.
Levi
NNY S2k is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NNY S2k For This Useful Post:
rwds2k (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 05:51 PM
  #5  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NNY S2k View Post
Like Hfreak said....it does have the stock bumper.
Levi

Ahhh okay now I understand. Sorry about that thanks for clarifying. Even though all Vins matched, clutch was extremely hard, and it had a major rattling noise which literally makes the battery of the car shake and even the whole right fender.

I will definitely wait until I find a cleaner one with less red flags. Even though I want a s2k badly, I rather be patient and get one with less issues.
rwds2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:07 PM
  #6  
Registered User
 
GuthNW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Oregon
Posts: 448
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rwds2k View Post
Even though I want a s2k badly, I rather be patient and get one with less issues.
Good plan. Wanting a car too badly sometimes leads to purchasing a bad car. Don't let this happen to you and you'll be happier in the long run. Sooner or later you will manage to find what you're looking for.
GuthNW is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GuthNW For This Useful Post:
rwds2k (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 10:20 PM
  #7  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 141
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default

My best guess is the car was modded and hastily returned to stock. No idea why the undertray would be missing but the AP2 exhaust was probably just them buying the cheapest stock exhaust they could find after selling their sick Invidia N1s....When cars are missing pieces like that I can only imagine how many bolts and fasteners are missing....I'm super anal about that stuff and definitely don't like open bolt holes etc...Not sure how they have that front plate mounted on there...not sure I wanna know. Front bumper looks crooked...maybe it's just the lighting and angle but on the passenger side it looks like the bumper is recessed inward where it meets the fender and under the headlight whereas on the drivers side it looks like it's pushed out more....

I have no problem buying a modded or previously modded car, but the amount/quality of care that went into the mods or removal and replacement of them with stock parts is what really shows how well the car was cared for and a lot about the owner. I was watching Obsessed Garage on youtube when he was putting the Stoptech trophy kit on his car. The stock brakes had been removed once already and the only way they were able to tell was by the cut dust shields, and even then whoever cut them did a good job of it so it was nearly impossible to tell. If a car has been modified and returned to stock in such a way that you could never tell it's clear the owner cared about the car and retained all of the stock parts.

Gotta ask, what's the mileage and how much were they asking?
S2kys is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to S2kys For This Useful Post:
rwds2k (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 10:54 PM
  #8  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GuthNW View Post
Good plan. Wanting a car too badly sometimes leads to purchasing a bad car. Don't let this happen to you and you'll be happier in the long run. Sooner or later you will manage to find what you're looking for.
Yes I will definitely do that. I rather wait like you mentioned, and feel great about the vehicle. No one wants to get a car right away, then deal with horrific problems day by day!

Originally Posted by S2kys View Post
My best guess is the car was modded and hastily returned to stock. No idea why the undertray would be missing but the AP2 exhaust was probably just them buying the cheapest stock exhaust they could find after selling their sick Invidia N1s....When cars are missing pieces like that I can only imagine how many bolts and fasteners are missing....I'm super anal about that stuff and definitely don't like open bolt holes etc...Not sure how they have that front plate mounted on there...not sure I wanna know. Front bumper looks crooked...maybe it's just the lighting and angle but on the passenger side it looks like the bumper is recessed inward where it meets the fender and under the headlight whereas on the drivers side it looks like it's pushed out more....

I have no problem buying a modded or previously modded car, but the amount/quality of care that went into the mods or removal and replacement of them with stock parts is what really shows how well the car was cared for and a lot about the owner. I was watching Obsessed Garage on youtube when he was putting the Stoptech trophy kit on his car. The stock brakes had been removed once already and the only way they were able to tell was by the cut dust shields, and even then whoever cut them did a good job of it so it was nearly impossible to tell. If a car has been modified and returned to stock in such a way that you could never tell it's clear the owner cared about the car and retained all of the stock parts.

I have seen Obsessed garage, really loved that black s2k CR that he sold! You are right, I am definitely going to wait to get a car that not only matches all 10 Vins + engine vin, but looks intact as well without red flags. It had 126k miles, and it was 12,800+ tax but I talked them down to 9,000 OTD all cash. Still glad I didn't buy it though.

Gotta ask, what's the mileage and how much were they asking?
rwds2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:55 PM
  #9  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 42
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I have seen Obsessed garage, really loved that black s2k CR that he sold! You are right, I am definitely going to wait to get a car that not only matches all 10 Vins + engine vin, but looks intact as well without red flags. It had 126k miles, and it was 12,800+ tax but I talked them down to 9,000 OTD all cash. Still glad I didn't buy it though.

Sorry my post ended up going inside of your quote S2kys.
rwds2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:34 AM
  #10  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 176
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by S2kys View Post
When cars are missing pieces like that I can only imagine how many bolts and fasteners are missing....I'm super anal about that stuff and definitely don't like open bolt holes etc..
I'm anal about this stuff too lol. Mine not noticed while purchasing

- 7 self tapping screws for interior
- 4 roll hoop bolts

I imagine they we're not reinstalled by Honda when the top was replaced in 2016.. I replaced them when I ripped the entire interior out for inspection/cleaning after purchase and found them missing.

My biggest peve, which I knew about at purchase, but not the owners fault, when Honda replaced the belt, they broke a tab on the intake box.. literally the only broken zip tab in the whole bay. I've been looking for an WHOLE intake box, literally to not have a broken tab... Lol will likely end up spending 60-100 on an intake just to have the tab back -_-



Originally Posted by S2kys View Post
I was watching Obsessed Garage on youtube
I cannot stand watching Matt's channel, he knows....pretty much nothing, doesn't really know how to work on his car, and the mechanic/shop he pays also knows basically nothing about the car... its basically a shit-show of all the wrong ways to work on this car. Matt is clumsy and lost when it comes to the s2000... he tries to pull off being a perfectionist, but really he's just a rip off of AMMO NYC(who actually does know his shit when it comes to detailing). If you want a channel that knows their s2000's mechanically, Watch LHT Performance.

Last edited by Deckoz; 08-08-2018 at 04:04 AM.
Deckoz is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deckoz For This Useful Post:
JoePhotographer (08-08-2018), rpg51 (08-08-2018), rwds2k (08-08-2018)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service