S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New black-on-black s2k keyed!

Old 12-07-2003, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just wax it for now.
Next time you renew your policy change the deb.
And wait a few months then file the claim.
Old 12-07-2003, 02:38 PM

Originally posted by pjkwong
I would just wax it for now.
Next time you renew your policy change the deb.
And wait a few months then file the claim.
Assuming the scratches are on metal panels, then he has to do something about it than just polishing the paint since according to him the scratches went through the primer.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JL9000
Old 12-07-2003, 05:06 PM

Thanks, guys! Unfortunately, I might not be able to change the deductible. It's extremely difficult to insure an S2000 here in Germany. 1,000 euros was the lowest deductible I could get from a respectable insurance company.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:09 PM

I really needed to vent
Do not vent. Get even. You would be surprised how cheap it is to hook up a mini type camera system to a computer. I came home recently and broke up a suspected break in to my vehicle. When people start messing with your car where you live then its time to step up the heat. I'm going to hook a camera system soon. Nail them, then post the story.

Old 12-07-2003, 05:14 PM

Right you are!
Old 12-07-2003, 06:05 PM

That freagin blows ...they will get theirs...what comes around goes around....maybe they will get their skulls keyed
Old 12-08-2003, 04:16 AM

Sorry to hear your situation from another German S2000!

I had a similar situation when I got my car here in Cologne. First week, someone stole the front/rear emblems and left nasty gouges in the trunk.

The following month, a long keyscratch across the entire right side of the car! Probably at least 700 EUR to repair it decently. Good thing it's not so noticeable on Silverstone.

My advice: try to find a garage to park at night. I've noticed a lot of cars with keyscratch vandalism all over the place. Drive another car when you will need to park in the city or overnight somewhere.

I'm not sure a camera system will work. I tend to believe these acts are caused by random jealous, drunk people waddling down the street with too many sharp objects in their pockets. Don't worry, they'll get what's coming for them.

The problem with the insurance here is that vandalism is under the Vollkasko, or "collision" coverage, so your no-claims bonus would suffer. I.e. vandalism is basically not worth claiming if it's "just" a keyscratch.

Which insurance company are you with? They just changed the car classes for next year and the rates are 25% more! I'm with HUK24 with 1000SB: www.huk24.de

Do you drive on the Nurburgring? All the high costs and taxes for the car can be forgiven by some nice fast laps on the Nordschleife!

///Robin
Old 12-08-2003, 04:28 AM

Thanks, Robin! Yeah, I noticed my insurance premium went up for next year . I'm with HUK Coburg, but I guess HUK24 is cheaper. What kind of track record have you had with that company? Is it difficult to file claims and get paid? They told me the difference was that one would have to do everything oneself, since HUK24 doesn't have a big administrative apparatus.

I've started to call around and have been quoted 650 euros so far (driver's door and tank lid). Do you think that's reasonable? Obviously, I'll pay up to my deductible, since I don't want my no-collision rating to worsen......

No, I have never been to Nurburgring, but let me know when you're going and maybe we can drive there together.

Nice hearing from someone from my neck of the woods
Old 12-08-2003, 04:39 AM

Go back, park it in the same place, then hide somewhere and see if you can catch the sucker.

Quick Reply: New black-on-black s2k keyed!