S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   New shocks and a lowered stance (pics) (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/new-shocks-lowered-stance-pics-14658/)

Phantom 05-14-2001 06:23 AM

cdelena,

Ahhhh...those shocks are awsome. They are the ride height ride firmness adjustable Koni's...good job, I love those shocks.

Thanks for posting the pic...

Luis 05-14-2001 12:39 PM

Chris,

These are the stock body specs. You should be able to calculate exactly how much the car is lowered now. Units are mm (inches).

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...nce=0&res=high

cdelena 05-14-2001 03:11 PM

Originally posted by Luis
These are the stock body specs. You should be able to calculate exactly how much the car is lowered now. Units are mm (inches).
Thanks. I know it will change slightly after an alignment, and my measuring is imprecise at best, but it does appear that I wound up with a 1 inch drop all around.

Looks like you guys have a good feel for how it should appear.. it IS lower than the .75 inch I was shooting for. I can only guess that the machining of the Koni

LATEOTT 05-15-2001 10:09 AM

Originally posted by cdelena

Originally posted by Luis

BTW, my car has never been exactly level (I saw that some time ago before anything was changed) and now I think the right is probably .2 inch lower (it seems most cars are off a little and I always assumed it was normal variances).

Wouldn't it be cool if, upon sitting in the driver seat, your car dropped 0.2 inches on the left side? ;)

cdelena 05-15-2001 12:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LATEOTT

Wouldn't it be cool if, upon sitting in the driver seat, your car dropped 0.2 inches on the left side? ;)
Yes.. thought of that and measured twice. A driver makes a small difference in the left rear only. Probably varies a bit with fuel, luggage, passengers, etc.

Jason Saini 05-15-2001 01:54 PM

Chris... nice work on the Koni's! You're going to love the ability to adjust the balance. I've noticed that front rebound is the most sensitive adjustment. I use compression only when there is a less grippy surface, then I drop a little compression out of all 4. Rear rebound really affects corner entry, while front rebound really affects corner exit. I've been tweaking ours for quite a bit now, so if you have any specific questions while you're sorting them out just email me! In the meantime enjoy your improved handling! :D

Luis 05-15-2001 04:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cdelena

Originally posted by LATEOTT

Yes.. thought of that and measured twice. A driver makes a small difference in the left rear only. Probably varies a bit with fuel, luggage, passengers, etc.
yep, 100kg on the rear left wheel will lower suspension about 20mm (less than .1 in, this is easy, just divide the weight by the spring rate).

Mine is pretty well balanced with the exception of the right rear fender. It's higher a few milimeters than the rest of the corners. I guess it's all within tolerances.

cdelena 05-18-2001 11:52 AM

Just a quick report on the Koni adjustables.. a success! Got the alignment done and have a little time to fool around with street tuning.

These are cool! Very easy to dial in thus far.. and the changes are obvious. Started with all on full soft, and then increased compression until it was too hard for the street, and backed off a bit. Then went to rebound and kept adding control and it feels great.. need to find where rebound is too much and then ease off but traffic is interfering with my tuning! (the downside to living in the city is no clear track.. so you have to go wailing around in traffic.. I