S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

No longer a rain virgin

Old 07-06-2001, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No longer a rain virgin

Damn,

With the funky weather we have been haing in So Cal lately, my car is no longer a rain virgin. I had the top down, when all of a sudden, a few drops started falling. I learned that I can get the boot cover off and the top up in less than a minute.

It wasn't pouring rain, just a few very light sprinkles. Guess I should've taken the other car.
Old 07-06-2001, 04:24 PM

Wow, after all this time and no rain! The AC Green of S2Ks, at least until today!
Old 07-06-2001, 04:55 PM

I've been rained on three times in 11 months of ownership. Dang N.C. afternoon thunderstorms keep catching me.
Old 07-06-2001, 05:28 PM

LOL, that's a good one Prolene. Don't forget, I have another car, so I don;t have to drive the S2K when it rains. It really didn't look like it was going to rain yesterday, but this weird weather just sneaks up on you.

Originally posted by Prolene
Wow, after all this time and no rain! The AC Green of S2Ks, at least until today!
Old 07-06-2001, 06:11 PM

Same here, got rained on last night. Should've taken the Passat.
Old 07-06-2001, 06:35 PM

I get rained on almost every day lately and I don't care. It's a car and it's driven outside. It's bound to get wet.
Old 07-06-2001, 09:30 PM

Mine was a rain virgin until the Monday before last (June 25). It wasn't supposed to rain until the next day -- wacky weather last week.

My coworkers are always teasing me because I usually cover my car at work (when it's clean). That day they said, "hey it's raining on your car." It wasn't covered and I had to drive home in a downpour. It wasn't just the rain that bothered me, it was that really dirty kind of rain -- you know, the first rain after a long time which brings all of that oil and muck to the surface of the roads. Needless to say it was filthy. I spent almost four hours on the 4th of July washing and cleaning it.

Rain virgin from April 19, 2000 to June 25, 2001.
Old 07-06-2001, 10:08 PM

I love driving in the rain call me crazy but driving with buckets of water pouring down just has that special quality about it. Maybe it was living three years in North Africa (Tunisia actually, I'm an ex-foreign service brat), or the non-stop hot weather during the Texas summer. But when a Texas thunderstorm opens up and two inches of rain fall in 1/2 an hour and I'm caught in it, I really enjoy it (thank goodness no hail yet ... ).

Naturally it involves switching gears to pre-S2000 driving mentality, as I hear the S2000 is not so good in the rain. In fact WOT in 1st will spin my rear tires every time when it's pouring =) But that's not the point. I just get a thrill driving in pouring rain It just tingles the senses IMO

So far I've only been caught once with the top down when it started raining. No problem, pull off the freeway, pull the handbrake, and 6 seconds later I'm ready to go!
Old 07-07-2001, 04:15 PM

You're worried about rain? Getting it wet? Wow, I'm just concerned with it getting damaged. I got 3 coats of Zaino on my car, its well protected.
Old 07-07-2001, 04:37 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just gotta ask this:
Anyone else tune into the weather channel to make sure it is indeed a Stook Day?

Electra.....never rained on inside or out and only wet washed once in her life.

Quick Reply: No longer a rain virgin