S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Paintless Dent Removal? DentWizard?

Old 05-14-2001, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I am in a stall at a car wash JUST TO SPRAY OFF THE POLLEN (my GOD the pollen!) with some water, and as I am drying off my baby with a miracle towel, a kid tries to ride his bike through the stall!!!

There isn't enough room, and as he loses his balance the little $#!^ leans on the front passenger side fender and puts a nice little dent in the fender (no paint scratch, just a dent from the pressure). My question is has anyone utilized paintless dent removal? In specific, the DC and Richmond areas have places called DentWizard...Cost? Quality?

By the way - on the drive following this the minivan in front of me flicks a pebble back into my valence and chips the paint!

Has anyone else just started to notice how few cars have mud flaps SINCE getting their S?
Old 05-14-2001, 03:09 PM
tnt

I have had a number of paint chips on my car (only had it a month) and put this down to a) living in the country and b) the appaling state of the roads.

However, this weekend I was cleaning my S2000 and noticed a large number of very small stone chips in the windscreen. I have never ever noticed this on any other car that I have owned.

Any thoughts? Am I, perhaps, driving too fast ?

Tony
Old 05-14-2001, 03:15 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

I just went to Dent Wizard last Friday for a nickel sized dent in the driver's side rear quarter. I only needed 15 minutes and $75, the dent was gone lickety split....can't even tell where the dent was.

They did an awesome job....for all you IL folk....the Dent Wizard I went to is on 811 West Higgins Rd.
Old 05-14-2001, 03:28 PM

Ouch, make his parent's pay! Worked geat for me -$125, for a small ding. There must be no paint damage. They can not do it if it is close to an edge and I think it's more difficult/expensive if on a curve.
Old 05-14-2001, 03:31 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by elviscos
[B]Ouch, make his parent's pay!
Old 05-14-2001, 04:35 PM

Its funny, this topic has been circling around the owners this past few weeks. Personally, I just got mine done at dent wizards, I had an unfortunate incident at my local autox which resulted in some dented panels. But there is this place in Rockville, MD called Pro Imports that does a terrific job, either they(Dent Wizards) fix it 90% or the work is free. Call 301.881.2220 and ask for Patrick. Tell him Ching sent you.
Old 05-14-2001, 05:17 PM

I used a "dent wizard" like company called "Dent Pros" that is part of Glass Doctor. 115$ got out two dents in diffent quarter-panels like new.

The "chips" in the windshield could be from bugs guts whose acid can eat into the glass just like into the paint on the car, as I understand it. The dent guy replaced my windshield on my Suburban for this while I waited for the S2000 to get finished! It was a insurance deal, I paid NOTHING for this. He said you have to get the bugs off asap to keep this from happening as fast, but that if you live with the bugs youll eventually have to get a new windshield
Old 05-14-2001, 05:36 PM

I used this place in the Chicago area called Dentbusters. I had a little dimple because some stupid girl at school opened the door to her Ford Explorer carelessly and hit my car and left.. didn't say a thing... It cost about $130, but it's completely gone.
Old 05-14-2001, 06:12 PM

Beat the kid.
Old 05-14-2001, 06:34 PM

Anyone know of any place like that here in S.Cali? I have 2 nice sized dents on my trunk. =(

Quick Reply: Paintless Dent Removal? DentWizard?