S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Please help...

Old 04-21-2001, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone. I'm ready to buy the S2k and I live in Palm Springs, California... I have contacted Norm Reeves Honda Superstore.. supposably the largest Honda dealership in the world and they gave me some pretty upsetting responces.. First off... they cant get me the White one im dying for. They said its too rare.. they have sold three since they started producing S2000's... So i decided on Black/Black.. my second favorite.. well since my dads buyen me this car he told "Jay" at norm reeves he'll put 12 thousand down on a five year purchase.. they called back and said okay.. "We have some great figures for ya Joe!! With twelve thousand down... only 615 a month!" my dad said "Okay Ill have to get back to ya" well obviously he doesnt have the best credit in the world due to business reasons but thats a little ridiculous.. does anyone know of a dealership that is giving REAL deal in the southern cali area.. and possibly one in white (stubborn me).. thanks for all the help...

Joe
Old 04-21-2001, 09:07 PM

There was a used, but clean, white one on ebay.
Old 04-21-2001, 09:38 PM

Received 564 Likes on 507 Posts

Supposedly Kea Honda is getting in a White/Red soon. They are located in Nanuet, NY.
Old 04-21-2001, 10:35 PM

I'm guessing that even if a dealer is getting a white one, they're not going to sell it for MSRP!
$615 is alot for 60 months considering $12k down. Figuring buying at MSRP OTD (out-the-door) will be around $36k, minus 12k equals 24k. $24k loan for 60 months is around $487/month with 8% APR.
Now before any financing is involved, I strongly suggest you (and your dad) first settle on a price with a dealer, then go through the financing. Otherwise, they will add every little thing to raise the price up!
Don't negotiate on monthly payments, negotiate on the full price of car!
Old 04-21-2001, 10:55 PM

Miller Honda in Van Nuys gave me a pretty good deal. I got it for around $1200 over MSRP. I know somebody said that it is now possible to get one at sticker but Im not sure about that in So Cal. I looked at around 10 places in LA / the valley, and 90% of them had $5000 markups. North Hollywood even tried telling me that their $10000 markup was 'normal'. Anyway, I was pleased with the service at Miller and Alex the dealer was a true stook enthusiast and was almost excited as I was about the car. I'm not sure if they got anymore after I drove their only one off the show room floor, but you might give them a call. Let me know where you finally do get it.

-------------------------------------
2001 S2K slvr/blk
Many mods coming (its 2 weeks old, give me a while)
Old 04-22-2001, 07:43 AM

I bought mine at Sierra Honda in Monrovia. At the time, they indicated that they sell only at MSRP. Norm Reeves also indicated that they sold for MSRP, but they were queuing up customers assigning priorities to former Norm Reeves customers first, the current Honda Owners second, then the rest of us unwashed masses. So we keyed on Sierra. I bought the first one out of the store that did not go to a sales manager, his wife, daughter, son, or mistress. The car was listed at $32,500 (+/-). The trick was that I had to buy the car tarted up with every option in the book (and that was not, thankfully, pinstriping). For these I paid dearly. The most onerous one was the wheels which were stock Honda rims from the S2000 that had arrived just before mine, sent out and polished and chromed plated. The dealership obscures the facts a little by showing you one list of the accessories on an adding machine tape. At that time, when the car first came out, you knew that if you didn't take it, ten other salivating enthusiasts were poised by their phones waiting to run down to the dealership to buy the car. We tried to play tough, but in the end, caved, paid [dearly] for the options, and took the Stook. NOTE: our actual sales contract shows the cash value of the accessories as a much lower number than the earlier adding machine tape so, in the end, they got their premium just like every one else, but at least I got a bunch of accessories to show for it. The final analysis was that we paid $25,000 down and our payments were $410.81 per month on a five year Honda contract through World Omni Finance. They have been very good to us in the service department and we have no complaints. In retrospect, we would have removed the front spoiler immediately (it is now trashed) and you really don't need the titaninum shift knob.
Old 04-22-2001, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Valley Motor Honda in Sheridan, Wyoming has a brand new white/red arriving in a couple weeks. No one has put a deposit on it yet.

GRAB IT. It will be worth your trip.

Valley Motor Honda has previously sold four S2000s, two MY2000 and two MY2001. They have sold all four for MSRP with no forced options.

They sold a yellow/black to a member of this board who had it flat bedded to southern California.

I don't know whether they would ever sell for less than MSRP but they might, since I think the market is a bit softer than it has been.

This is one great dealership. It will be worth your trip to get the color car you want at the price you want.

What do I get out of it? I like having the only S2000 within 100 miles.

Ring Myrna Arnold (my salesperson) or Dick Weber (the owner) at 307-672-3492.

private mail me if you want more info.

Barry
Old 04-22-2001, 08:27 AM

Received 165 Likes on 147 Posts

Get on Honda's website, grab the 30 closest dealers to you, and email them what you are looking for. Color, options, financing etc.

Thats how I found mine last August. Ended up getting a one way rental car from Cincinnati, driving to Aiken, SC and getting the my S2000 at MSRP. Cincinnati dealers wanted $5k over sticker, and a 3-4 month wait.

Best of luck finding your S2000!
Old 04-25-2001, 10:09 AM

When I was looking for my S, Penske Honda in Ontario was selling them for MSRP. They had a few with forced options. The only catch to the MSRP was that you had to buy the $400 wax job. Not too bad of a deal considering what the markup is at some other dealerships.

I was lucky and got mine for MSRP at Canyon Honda in Anaheim Hills.
Old 04-25-2001, 12:30 PM

Wow - I walked into the dealership talked to the saalesman told him I wanted Silver/red - gave him $1000.00 deposit (which was refundable) waited 17 days - got the call and went and bought it for MSRP (-$250. cause the salesman wanted a deal on a Snowboard for his kid) I guess living in Canada has its advantages. (I just got a call from the salesman today telling me they just had a deal on a Spa Yellow fall through and he was asking me if I might want to trade - straight accross)
Come to Canada and get it!

Quick Reply: Please help...