S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Project Logic 2000 Stereo Version 2 (90% complete pictures)

Old 03-02-2003, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the entire write up go to my S2000 site or go directly here.

Version 2.0:

History: With Version 1.0 of this sound system we we're able to achieve a lot of volume and it did sound better than any S2000 system I have heard yet but even then I had some major problems with it. My first complaint was that I still didn't have any hard hitting mid bass. The low bass coming from the 12" sub in the rear hatch hit very well but being that the entire convertible tray area and trunk area is filled with pieces of plastic everything rattled at low bass and it really took away from the system. I later was able to rid many of these rattles by taking the convertible tray out and leaving the sub exposed. This made the system sound just about as good as I could in present condition. Even then though I was not happy with the overall sound of the system. It had the volume but as far as professional sound went was missing many frequency's in quite a few area's. My original intention with the S2000 sound system was just to get volume without having to have the speakers blaring. Unfortunately I had now changed those goals to a competition sound system and in an S2000 it wasn't going to be an easy task.

Intentions: With Version 2.0 we wanted to build a complete competition sound system with no weak points at all in the system. We completely tore the entire car apart to bare metal to try and brainstorm to what would be the best setup for this car. After a lot of research and talking to professionals we had decided on a setup that we felt would completely engulf the driver and passenger in complete sound. All sound would feel as if it's coming from the dash with the exception of the hard hitting low and mid bass that would shake your entire body hitting you in the chest like a punch. Could we accomplish this?

Conclusion: After we spent a few days tuning the system I am extremely happy with it. Everything we set out to do was accomplished. The listener is completely engulfed in sound and the mid and low bass hit perfect. For now the kick panels will remain exposed until we build the front grill. Also each 10" sub will have a very thin grill on them that we will be adding later to stop dirt and debris from rolling into the subs magnet. We currently have neon in the top of the kick panels and in the trunk. Eventually we will be placing neon behind all 6 speakers and the neon will shine and reflect through the carbon fiber speakers. Also I will be adding a DVD player/mp3/xm radio player with a 7" screen. We will also be putting a laser cut plexiglas's piece over the amp area with an S2000 emblem etched into it with neon reflecting off of it. This will show off the trunk quite nicely and also give me back all of my trunk space while still allowing the amp plenty of air.

A few pics:

Old 03-02-2003, 06:40 PM

Very cool!

Where did you get those baskets for the subs that go in the floor?
Old 03-02-2003, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by Jason B
Very cool!

Where did you get those baskets for the subs that go in the floor?
I had them custom made!
Old 03-02-2003, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by Cyber Logic

I had them custom made!
Very neat. Welded metal?
Old 03-02-2003, 07:10 PM

Originally posted by Jason B

Very neat. Welded metal?
Welded steel actually. A 2" piece of foam is placed between the sub and the bottom of the membrane which gives the sub a perfect amount of resistance. That's what that blue piece is you see under there through the grill.

Old 03-02-2003, 07:17 PM

That is a REALLY nice looking sound system. I would love to hear it, too bad I stay across the country
Old 03-02-2003, 07:28 PM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

The A-pillar treatment is really nice!

Does it affect the functioning of the air vent next to it?

-Pete
Old 03-02-2003, 07:29 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ugotmade
[B]That is a REALLY nice looking sound system.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:54 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

WOW is all I can say! The level of detail and dedication you have obviously given this project is amazing! Phenomenal job! The A-Pillars are sweet! I was very close to doing this!!! I still might do a re-do! Cant wait to see the next step! Great documentation and pics for those also as ballsy as YOU, not me!!!
Old 03-02-2003, 09:45 PM

one word...

WOW!!

Quick Reply: Project Logic 2000 Stereo Version 2 (90% complete pictures)