S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

really......

Old 06-09-2013, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default really......

so alot more ppl getting s2ks around this area and everytime i pass by one i throw the thumbs up or peace sign and they lately they havent been responding back like really your suppose to give a response to another s2k owner
This is a community
Old 06-09-2013, 10:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know.. depends on where you live I suppose.. here.. no one acknowledges you back.. however.. go 40 miles north... and nearly everyone you see will wave or flash... so...
Old 06-09-2013, 10:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

kids w/ their egos buying them. end of story.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:54 AM

I wave/flash my high beams at every s2k I see.

If I get a wave back then I know that they know what a mechanically profound machine they are operating and want to share the love. They are an enthusiast.

If I dont get a wave back they either didnt see me, is an older woman who has no idea the type of machine she is driving and just got it because she liked the styling, or a young swag fag who is into the slammed scene.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:14 PM

Where I live I have experienced the ignore from S2K owner's as well as getting a raised arm response back when I passed through another Yellow S2K.

I like to believe that they just did not see me waving at them as I always get a response back.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jax2k
I wave/flash my high beams at every s2k I see.

If I get a wave back then I know that they know what a mechanically profound machine they are operating and want to share the love. They are an enthusiast.

If I dont get a wave back they either didnt see me, is an older woman who has no idea the type of machine she is driving and just got it because she liked the styling, or a young swag fag who is into the slammed scene.
"swag fag" lmao ..but yeah happened to me a few times down here as well
Old 06-09-2013, 02:08 PM

It's not that serious and doesn't say anything about the driver. Some people aren't looking for other s2000's and don't care to wave to strangers.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:10 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Jax2k
Really? Much research was obviously put into this conclusion.

Maybe the driver has his/her mind on the driving at that moment and isn't looking for complete strangers waving at them.

Nice characterizations of people you don't even know. Lol!
Old 06-09-2013, 02:29 PM

Jeep, Corvette, & motorcycle forums have the same complaints.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:20 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by krakle
It's not that serious and doesn't say anything about the driver. Some people aren't looking for other s2000's and don't care to wave to strangers.

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by Jax2k' timestamp='1370807671' post='22596936
Really? Much research was obviously put into this conclusion.

Maybe the driver has his/her mind on the driving at that moment and isn't looking for complete strangers waving at them.

Nice characterizations of people you don't even know. Lol!
Exactly! People get so bent out of shape just because they don't get a response from someone who just happens to drive the same car. Other than the car, they may have absolutely nothing in common with you. They may own the car for reasons totally different from you. I got this BS 13 years ago when I posted the same thing. Why should someone wave back at a total stranger just because they drive the same kind of car? You think the car is special? Great! They may not. It may just be a nice looking car they decided to own for a while. They don't care if someone else owns one.
So you wave. They don't wave back. Dear Ann Landers .........................

Quick Reply: really......